British Speedway Forum
noaksey

Peterborough v Ippo 27/3

16 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Sayfutdinov shouldn't even be riding.

Ridiculous how Ipswich are happy to support propaganda for Putin.

Have a word with yourself mate Emil has done nothing wrong and i for one welcome him back to speedway.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, iainb said:

What's the deal with Edwin Overland? Has he retired or not been asked back? Is he still doing Lynn? He's been a fixture at the Showground for as long as I can remember. Didn't seem the same without him.

Mr & Mrs Panther need a trip to the pet pamper parlour for a purple rinse :D

The mascot going around on the bike during that announcement was somewhat disrespectful IMO!  My visits to EoESg are a couple of times a year at most, whil Saddlebow Rd is too far in a day so no idea who the chap is.
Those Peterborough mascots look more like Bulldogs than Panthers!  I felt a bit sorry for the red one, showed some energy (a bit Chase the Ace) but got no engagement from the fans.

1 hour ago, Col said:

The mascot going around on the bike during that announcement was somewhat disrespectful IMO!  My visits to EoESg are a couple of times a year at most, whil Saddlebow Rd is too far in a day so no idea who the chap is.
Those Peterborough mascots look more like Bulldogs than Panthers!  I felt a bit sorry for the red one, showed some energy (a bit Chase the Ace) but got no engagement from the fans.

Agreed but not his fault or rocket science is it? (not having a go at you, just looking at the problem). The pits don't let him out; those who did must have heard the start of the announcement? If it's too late then those on the mic can see, same as everyone else, what's going on so shut up until he's stopped and off track.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, iainb said:

What could have very nearly turned into a farce last night was fortunately saved by the Speedway with some cracking action served up especially by the big returning "stars", each one of them being in the thick of the action and even young Joe Thompson making a pass to grab a crucial third.

It's good that I can start my 46th season watching the sport and still see something new with whitelinegate, Speedway truly is the sport that keeps on giving :D. British Speedway were so proud of it they post a video of a rider clearly with both wheels over the line and not excluded for it!

What's the deal with Edwin Overland? Has he retired or not been asked back? Is he still doing Lynn? He's been a fixture at the Showground for as long as I can remember. Didn't seem the same without him.

Finally, it looks like many people didn't get the memo about the change of team colours with all the signage around the place still being in Red & Black... and Mr & Mrs Panther need a trip to the pet pamper parlour for a purple rinse :D

Edwin’s Retired after 4 decades.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TTT said:

I fully understand those who are saying 'Give Worrall a chance' but the worrying thing is Worrall's 4 last night is only 1 or 2 points short off his scoring potential on a good night and that's still not a good enough points return for a No.4, I've said it all winter that Richie's ceiling when it comes to scoring potential is 5 - 6 on average

The team badly needed Tungate due to how well he goes around our place, Basso & Tungate pairing in the engine room would've scored like a 1 & 5 pairing and Peterborough simply wouldn't lose at Home with those two backed up by a 1 & 5.

Buster threw his weight around this winter and dictated once again by saying Worrall is 100% in just because he's my mate knowing full well it would weaken the team drastically when it comes to Home form and it's already backfiring drastically.

You could argue that MT  above his station telling Holder he was in when he hadn't bought the club. He's just a sponsor i'm afraid. I don't hear any blame going to him( MT) over the Holder thing. Probably because he has money and they see him as the future. I thought most of your fans were happy at the final line up, before you lost 1  meeting,  without your No1.

Two of our next three fixtures will be at Home and if we lose those those with Worrall having another couple of off nights then I can see Lyon & Tomalin getting fed up enough to a point where they eventually approach Buster and demand a team change because we'd be in the brown stuff before the end of April with 3 Home defeats out of three.

I don't think Lyon and MT can demand anything in April to be honest. I suppose they might ask nicely;)

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Taking out Richie's scores last year around Peterborough when our team had a nightmare campaign, These are the scores he's putting up around Peterborough since our return to the top flight, The stats don't lie unfortunately and basically the only time he was good was when we had a nightmare campaign full of injuries and bang out of form riders.

@ No.3 - 1, 1, 0, 2 = 4

@ No.2 - 1, 1, 1, 0 = 3

@ No.2 - 3, 0, 0 = 3

@ No.4 - 1, 0, 0, 1 = 2

@ No.2 - 0, 0, 0 = 0

I hear what you are saying, but after his scores there last season ( i know you were bad), i think it's harsh of some to be jumping on him after 1 meeting, that's all. You might be right, we will see. You do need to look at earlier seasons i know that, but you need to consider the 22 season being his last as well. He might be a late bloomer :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

Nicki Pedersen's never dull, is he?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I hear what you are saying, but after his scores there last season ( i know you were bad), i think it's harsh of some to be jumping on him after 1 meeting, that's all. You might be right, we will see. You do need to look at earlier seasons i know that, but you need to consider the 22 season being his last as well. He might be a late bloomer :P

The only thing worrall is late for round showground is the chequered flag

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, hans fan said:

The only thing worrall is late for round showground is the chequered flag

to be fair to Worrall (i dont have really any skin in this game or a view on him) whilst he is paired with Basso he will struggle to get heat wins so the best he can hope for is 2nd or 3rd and to avoid last place. No he isn't a no 3 but thats what you get for taking him on that average and putting Basso at 4.

in his rides last night he was

3rd in a home 4-2 (beaten by King)

3rd in a home 4-2 (beaten by Doyle)

4th in a 3-3 (beaten by Sayfutinov and Hume)

2nd in a 3-3 (Beaten by King)

With the exception of his third ride I'd say he did Ok and by that I mean losing to Emil was to be expected but maybe not to Hume - he did make a mistake that let them both through.

Lets hope NP is ok, last thing anyone needs is their no 1 injured in the opening heat of the opening meeting, I remember it happened to the Witches in 2006 or 2007 when Mark Loram crashed badly.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Thought fans paid to watch 14 riders race in a meeting ? 

Would have been a far better meeting had Mr N Pedersen NOT pulled out of meeting.

Would have been better entertainment to see him race alongside sayfootinoff and Doyle ?

As for ref - needs glasses - leaving the track limits is an exclusion offence. Home riders at pboro  have been doing it for years . Makes the sport look  “amateurish “ as per usual.

37 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

to be fair to Worrall (i dont have really any skin in this game or a view on him) whilst he is paired with Basso he will struggle to get heat wins so the best he can hope for is 2nd or 3rd and to avoid last place. No he isn't a no 3 but thats what you get for taking him on that average and putting Basso at 4.

in his rides last night he was

3rd in a home 4-2 (beaten by King)

3rd in a home 4-2 (beaten by Doyle)

4th in a 3-3 (beaten by Sayfutinov and Hume)

2nd in a 3-3 (Beaten by King)

With the exception of his third ride I'd say he did Ok and by that I mean losing to Emil was to be expected but maybe not to Hume - he did make a mistake that let them both through.

Lets hope NP is ok, last thing anyone needs is their no 1 injured in the opening heat of the opening meeting, I remember it happened to the Witches in 2006 or 2007 when Mark Loram crashed badly.

People are slagging him off after 1 meeting. They don't want much do they. Most was happy with the line up 1 meeting ago. Add to that their No1 binned it in HT 1

6 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

As for ref - needs glasses - leaving the track limits is an exclusion offence. Home riders at pboro  have been doing it for years . Makes the sport look  “amateurish “ as per usual.

Funny old comment that….not sure what you’re basing that on but for someone that’s been going for years, id say that’s pretty inaccurate. Assume you understand that both wheels have to be over the white line to be excluded, not just the front wheel……?

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

People are slagging him off after 1 meeting. They don't want much do they. Most was happy with the line up 1 meeting ago. Add to that their No1 binned it in HT 1

Nobody wanted Worrall but Buster 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

To be fair to Worrall, (and his brother), they both struggle when riding at No3...

Hence when they rode for the Aces the team always came up short as usually one of them ended up there...

No2 is the position in the team for both of them as off the inside gate in heat one, their starting capability can get them to the first turn in the lead, and both have the capability to ride the kerb for four laps and stay in front on a freshly prepared track where the wider lines havent yet developed...

Putting either at No3 puts pressure on them, and they struggle, and with a much stronger heat leader level this year it will be compounded even more..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

I suppose with Buster paying out he must have a say:t: