British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Sheffield 27 March

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

Really surprised how few were there...

1500-1600 maybe in total?

Lovely sunny evening too, with no threat of a call off..

Fifty Four quid for two adults and two kids to sit in the Grandstand..

Twenty four quid for an adult to sit there..

More for the "padded seats"...:D

Twenty two quid to stand on the south stand...

The very top end of the pricing structure I would suggest for less than 16 mins of action...

I had already paid for the PCMM so maybe others have done the same and decided to give this a miss due to cost? 

Closer to 2k there last night isn't bad. 

Well its one less every week for me.

2 old codgers who sit near to me, no longer have access to the lift and walk through Peter Craven Suite to access their season ticket seats.

If they pay for a meal they can have access every time they do.

Having dodgy legs they used to use the toilets in the Suite as the difficulty in using stairs, pay for a meal and you can use them they have been told.

No free programme with season tickets this year, only a long winding queue. 

What do you expect the crowd to be when you alienate the ones who keep it running (By screwing every last penny out of them)

Where are the newbies everyone raves about at THE NATIONAL SPEEDWAY STADIUM not happening.

12 hours ago, secsy1 said:

2 old codgers who sit near to me, no longer have access to the lift and walk through Peter Craven Suite to access their season ticket seats.

Having dodgy legs they used to use the toilets in the Suite as the difficulty in using stairs, pay for a meal and you can use them they have been told.

What do you expect the crowd to be when you alienate the ones who keep it running (By screwing every last penny out of them)

Where are the newbies everyone raves about at THE NATIONAL SPEEDWAY STADIUM not happening.

I'm guessing you're young and like a good night out with your friends at the weekend,  and get ripped off in every pub you visit. Speedway is costly but no more than most other sports. Manchester Storm ice hockey is £23.00. Sale Sharks rugby £42. That's the world we live in.

31 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I'm guessing you're young and like a good night out with your friends at the weekend,  and get ripped off in every pub you visit. Speedway is costly but no more than most other sports. Manchester Storm ice hockey is £23.00. Sale Sharks rugby £42. That's the world we live in.

How far from the post point you are. 

The point being the world that we live in gives no respect to anyone anymore.

If you are struggling then sod you we do not care even if your disabled just shut up and pay.

14 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Have they spoken, or emailed, the CEO? I am sure Mark Lemon would make "reasonable adjustments" to accommodate those who struggle with stairs...

3 hours ago, secsy1 said:

How far from the post point you are. 

The point being the world that we live in gives no respect to anyone anymore.

If you are struggling then sod you we do not care even if your disabled just shut up and pay.

I get your point and do agree regards the OAP's you were on about, however an email or letter to the owner or Mark Lemon (as someone has posted) would do more than a rant on here. Also I do apologise to you for not reading your post properly.

22 hours ago, mark.1 said:

950 grandstand seats sold up to 5pm last night 

I was a walk up after that and there seemed a few others doing similar.  First time I've been for years, enjoyed the racing, correct result based on performances, I doubt Dan Bewley will deliver a return like that again, so things not looking too bad for the Aces.  

Will definitely go again, must remember to wrap up better next time though, cracking view from the Grandstand seats but I should've gone on the back straight, easier to keep warm when stood.

On 3/28/2023 at 4:39 PM, TTT said:

If BV are smart while having money in the bank then Bewley should spend the first few meetings lowering his average (They'll make the play-offs anyway) to a point where Zagar can come in for Wright.

Would be very harsh on Wright because he's done nothing wrong but business is business and Zagar is a 10+ man around the NSS.

Are you suggesting that a professional such as Dan Bewley would "throw" some races early on to lower his average (and his pay!) to enable the management to ditch one of his team-mates in order to bring in a higher scoring replacement? If I thought for one minute that premiership riders and promoters were capable of colluding on such a nefarious scheme I would never enter a speedway stadium again.

32 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Are you suggesting that a professional such as Dan Bewley would "throw" some races early on to lower his average (and his pay!) to enable the management to ditch one of his team-mates in order to bring in a higher scoring replacement? If I thought for one minute that premiership riders and promoters were capable of colluding on such a nefarious scheme I would never enter a speedway stadium again.

Top riders are often paid a lump sum per meeting, what they score is irrelevant to their pay packet...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Top riders are often paid a lump sum per meeting, what they score is irrelevant to their pay packet...

In the Prem maybe, but "not allowed" anymore in the Championship...

It says here...... ;):D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Are we seriously being made to believe that BV is paying Bewley a 'flat fee' to lose races in order to reduce his average, allowing 6-point Charles Wright to be replaced by 8-point Matei Zagar at the earliest opportunity? Wrighty must be looking over his shoulder after every match. I suppose knowing how BV fixed the team prior to the play-offs last year, nothing is impossible. I hope Phil Morris is reading this.

7 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Are we seriously being made to believe that BV is paying Bewley a 'flat fee' to lose races in order to reduce his average, allowing 6-point Charles Wright to be replaced by 8-point Matei Zagar at the earliest opportunity? Wrighty must be looking over his shoulder after every match. I suppose knowing how BV fixed the team prior to the play-offs last year, nothing is impossible. I hope Phil Morris is reading this.

Let's just say that average manipulation is a possibility, and I'm not suggesting that's happening with Dan...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Yes because average manipulation is an easy thing to do as we saw towards the back end of last season and it always results in teams gaining from it.

Look at Wolves for example or the Fred Jakobsen situation at KL.

Work smarter, Not harder as the saying goes.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 12:44 PM, hyderd said:

I get your point and do agree regards the OAP's you were on about, however an email or letter to the owner or Mark Lemon (as someone has posted) would do more than a rant on here. Also I do apologise to you for not reading your post properly.

Funny that they are the ones implementing it, hence the RANT :rolleyes:

On 3/29/2023 at 7:28 PM, TTT said:

Yes because average manipulation is an easy thing to do as we saw towards the back end of last season and it always results in teams gaining from it.

Look at Wolves for example or the Fred Jakobsen situation at KL.

Work smarter, Not harder as the saying goes.

??????