British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Poole v Oxford - Good Friday

weather looking ideal for this, and after Wednesday we could get an idea how things will pan out .. top heavy or strength in depth

6 minutes ago, stevehone said:

weather looking ideal for this, and after Wednesday we could get an idea how things will pan out .. top heavy or strength in depth

There is top heavy and there is Oxford's top heavy! A lot rests on their second strings. Jenkins started pretty well for Peterborough, so be interesting to see how he does this week. 

one of Kerr's better tracks too

Very quiet on here from the Poole fans on a home meeting BUT, then again, they are frequenting every body else's threads. B) 

• Haha 3

Should be a good one in front of predicted large crowd. Nicholls is a track expert and Masters is capable of going through the card. Kerr is no slouch either so expect some good racing. Can’t see the other 4 doing much though. 51-39ish?

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Very quiet on here from the Poole fans on a home meeting BUT, then again, they are frequenting every body else's threads. B) 

That's because I am speedway fan first :t:

• Haha 1

A bit of track practice today for those that could make it.

Looking forward to tomorrow - 3 generations of the Skidder family in attendance!!:t:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Looking forward to tomorrow - 3 generations of the Skidder family in attendance!!:t:

Good all the generations going, but a lot of tracks ( none stated:rolleyes:) you'd probably be related to the whole crowd.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm going to this one as I didn't go to Oxford because of the weather and it's a sunny bank holiday.

My 4 year old's first speedway meeting. Hope she doesn't cause any trouble.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Unfortunately, due to illness, only 2 generations attending now!! Still should be a good attendance and the usual great atmosphere!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Unfortunately, due to illness, only 2 generations attending now!! Still should be a good attendance and the usual great atmosphere!

Hope they feel better soon, Skidder. Hope they are well enough that they can at least watch it on the stream. 

• Like 1

Seeing as Poole look like one of the stronger sides (top 3) and Oxford one of the weaker (bottom 3) IMO then this should be a comfortable home win.

22 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Seeing as Poole look like one of the stronger sides (top 3) and Oxford one of the weaker (bottom 3) IMO then this should be a comfortable home win.

I'm expecting 30 from their top 3. Heep's normally has one good ride at least, so say 5 in total. Need to check what JJ did at Poole last season, must have been okay as Redcar weren't that bad at WR last season. So say 5 as well. So 41 in total. 

You know how good I am at predicting though :D

Edit - 4+1 both times for JJ last season. Once riding at 4 and the other at 7. The time at 7 would have been when the track was really wet though. 

So 5 about right.

Edited by lisa-colette

Think this will be a relatively easy home win. Nicholls, Masters + Kerr likely to score 95% of the Cheetahs points will need a big contribution from Heeps to keep this close. 

Poole by 15+