British Speedway Forum
Weeyin

Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday

10 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

He's basically said in his statement, you've tried to take me out in bend 3 so I've taken you out in bend 2 "harden up". So he's deliberately caused an accident, wrecked Ben's Bike and caused his team mate to do a couple of somersaults. What would you expect the fans to say? "Good Job Cookie" 

Not saying you can't be angry at the move, just a bit less of the ad hominem, that's all.

41 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Yep he is venturing down a dangerous path with those comments. 

Can’t imagine Ben will be overly concerned though.

Have to agree,on both counts.

7 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Not saying you can't be angry at the move, just a bit less of the ad hominem, that's all.

I too agree 

• Like 1

How I have missed these derbies against our nearest and dearest.

Ben should troll him now on Twitter just for a hoot.

Then send him the repair bill for his bike.

Overall, it was a good meeting. I counted 15 passes, including the first staging of heat 9. Chris Harris doing exactly what's expected of him, and riding a fantastic line through turn four. He definitely moved the boards out more than once tonight. Ben's not quite firing yet but a good enough start and I'm sure it'll come. Claus looks exactly like I remember from 2019. Cami seems to think we shouldn't expect the 2019 Vissing this year, so maybe he'll raise his expectations a bit having seen him this weekend. 17+3 over the two legs left him with more points than Tom and Ben.

Marcin is definitely missing a bit of speed but he won heat 8 both times, so that's a good foundation. His partnership with Harris is looking strong (Harris was brilliant in heat 10), as is Vissing + Basso. Complin is entertaining, although quite untidy, and Ace just needs time, I think.

I think Edinburgh will be good at home, but I think the combination of Bickley and Fredriksen is too weak. I think they could carry one of them (as every team will need to at reserve), but I'm not sure they'll get away with both, and I'm not sure I'm seeing much room for improvement. Jacob Hook, on the other hand, I think is a good one for them. 8 rides, 10+2, only two last places. The best reserve of the four on show. Unfortunately, my guess is he'll end up at 2 and struggle. The Tigers had issues at 2 all year last season - one thing that our team for this year will probably resolve.

• Like 1

Back to the racing.

Bomber showed in heat 10 that's he's here for the team and not just himself, had he put his head down and gone Marcin would've been picked off by Kye.

Glasgow's 3 and 4 look as solid if not better than last year's.

Lee Complin was outstanding, look forward to watching him race every week if he continues like that.

Ace just needs to keep doing what he's doing, looking back to last season with Jordan Palin and Nathan Abblitt, who when I saw them race at Ashfield were finishing every heat at least 3/4 of a lap behind the pace, Ace is there or there abouts and with more laps under his belt is only going to do better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Creates for good entertainment, nobody can come away today and say they weren’t. Good racing, hard racing and a bit of handbags. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

Creates for good entertainment, nobody can come away today and say they weren’t. Good racing, hard racing and a bit of handbags. 

And to think it was almost gone this winter. What a boring Easter Sunday it would've been without the derby 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Absolutely I am sure they will kiss and make up eventually.

Until Craig gets the repair bill and it kicks off again.

But it was a very enjoyable meeting.

Well that was a meeting that had everything, passes galore and tbh , at one point I thought the bonus point was going to go the way of the monarchs, but the incident in heat 9 turned it all around in the Tigers favour, until then I thought Cookie was going to go through the card with a maximum. Josh and Craig are a powerful pairing for heats 13 and 15. Thought Kye and Jacob started well but the Monarchs 2 and 4 couldn't compete with Nowak and Vissing and that made all the difference. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I think Edinburgh will be good at home, but I think the combination of Bickley and Fredriksen is too weak. I think they could carry one of them (as every team will need to at reserve), but I'm not sure they'll get away with both, and I'm not sure I'm seeing much room for improvement. Jacob Hook, on the other hand, I think is a good one for them. 8 rides, 10+2, only two last places. The best reserve of the four on show. Unfortunately, my guess is he'll end up at 2 and struggle. The Tigers had issues at 2 all year last season - one thing that our team for this year will probably resolve.

While Hook looked decent enough at Armadale, after beating both reserves in heat 2 on Friday, he then only beat Ace, for the rest of the 2 matches.

So I think his score may flatter him a little & if he was riding at 2 could've ended up scoring 1 point per match? Like you say if he goes up to number 2, could struggle! Not likely to happen for a while though as he's carrying a 2.5 average that would need to rise above 4 to replace Fredriksen in the top 5.

I've not seen the Cook / Basso incident, but one issue causing situations like this & Kerr / Palm-Toft is that unless someone crashes referees hardly ever exclude someone - kinda encourages riders to shut the door in someone's face, knowing you can get away with it.

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I've not seen the Cook / Basso incident, but one issue causing situations like this & Kerr / Palm-Toft is that unless someone crashes referees hardly ever exclude someone - kinda encourages riders to shut the door in someone's face, knowing you can get away with it.

There was one time at Poole when Bridger didn't get away with it, only time I have seen it though. He was not happy! lol

39 minutes ago, Gazc said:

ben seen it just before he left the den then just pissed himself laughing walking out 

• Haha 1

Proper racing on a proper track. Noticeably no extensive ht10 regrade today which stopped momentum swinging back to the 0131, sped up the meeting and left all the dirt right up high for Bomber in 13 and 15.

Getting the bonus is going to be a challenge against the really good teams. Today wasnt one of them. Roll on Friday for the Bandits.

• Like 1