British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Wolves v Aces Cup 2nd leg 10/4

I didn't see anything on the polish report about Scott being injured - where is that confirmed? 

BV need to have a serious re-think, Not the response they were looking for after the double defeat to Sheffield.

Matej Zagar is surely going to be signed up again.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Harris on 7.40 Nicholls on 5.28

But replacing a 7+ rider who will be back on that average when fit.

The point remains tho why Harris guested for Becker/Nicholls.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rob B said:

And how would you do that when a point over the limit unless going to replace Bewley with him 

Oh I'm sure you will find a way;)

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Probably stating the obvious here but almost every time I watch the Premiership I can’t help think that the make up of most of the tracks make it awful to watch.
We can get all the top riders we want over here, but on these tracks it will still be boring to watch. 
Was the same last week at Sheffield, far too narrow, and the leader just clears off

It's Monbore.  It's what it serves up.  No surprise to read yet again of a garbage meeting with not one single moment of excitement.  When will someone do something about that place?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, R87 said:

It's Monbore.  It's what it serves up.  No surprise to read yet again of a garbage meeting with not one single moment of excitement.  When will someone do something about that place?!

There was some decent racing, it was all one way traffic though, if the Wolves can ride it why couldn't the Aces? They've all ridden there numerous times before

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, R87 said:

You have to be skilled to be good there and pass people, not just have a fast bike. Some do it well, others flounder. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, R87 said:

Tell that to masters Dougy etc,not monbore to them,great earning for home riders,masters has cleaned up over the last few years thanks to monbore ,av shows

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TTT said:

BV need to have a serious re-think, Not the response they were looking for after the double defeat to Sheffield.

Matej Zagar is surely going to be signed up again.

1) Zagar is poor away, wouldn't have helped at Wolves, but might have got the win at home to Sheffield.

2) Aces can only drop Bewley or Kurtz to fit him in (unless they make multiple changes)

3) it's a bit early to think about changes imo, they've only ridden one home match!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

1) Zagar is poor away, wouldn't have helped at Wolves, but might have got the win at home to Sheffield.

2) Aces can only drop Bewley or Kurtz to fit him in (unless they make multiple changes)

3) it's a bit early to think about changes imo, they've only ridden one home match!

Lemon dug another expensive  hole ,always someone better

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

But replacing a 7+ rider who will be back on that average when fit.

The point remains tho why Harris guested for Becker/Nicholls.

Nicely explained by Wolves in todays news, so they knew Saturday but for whatever reason declined to share it.

That’s crap PR

• Like 1

Monmore is essentially just a cycle speedway track.

Sheffield is a good shape and size, but, as already mentioned, way, way too narrow. Look at Lambert last year, storming it at BV but couldn't get through at Owlerton, no room. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, R87 said:

Pal, you need to attend Anger Management classes,you've been on here since 2014 and looking through some of you're posts virtually all of them have been attacking Wolves or their track.Monmore is what it is due to the restrictions placed on it by the landlords Ladbrokes.The track used to be 329 yards, but now it is only 288 yards due to the back straight being restricted to a mandatory gap between the dog and speedway track,consequently making the bends smaller(have a look on Google Maps for an aerial view to see what I mean).I agree Monmore is nowhere near as exiting to watch the sport as it used to be,but it's either this or nothing at all.

• Thanks 1

First of all. Well done wolves. Blew us away well and truly

Our team is based on Lidsey stepping up to 3rd heat leader. A spot he should be more than capable of.  To do that he must do better away from home, so our season hinges on him. If he doesn’t step upto the plate then belle Vue got 3 reserves in Lidsey, blodorn and the RS obviously. Brennan got me is a 2nd string now. 

last night though was hopefully a bad day at the office. I’ve not seen us that bad for a long time. 

thanks goes to rowe who I though battled hard.  And deffo put himself in the shop window for a permanent RS position

7 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

First of all. Well done wolves. Blew us away well and truly

Our team is based on Lidsey stepping up to 3rd heat leader. A spot he should be more than capable of.  To do that he must do better away from home, so our season hinges on him. If he doesn’t step upto the plate then belle Vue got 3 reserves in Lidsey, blodorn and the RS obviously. Brennan got me is a 2nd string now. 

last night though was hopefully a bad day at the office. I’ve not seen us that bad for a long time. 

thanks goes to rowe who I though battled hard.  And deffo put himself in the shop window for a permanent RS position

Wouldnt the Aces just keep Rowe? And let Mulford ride in the Colts and as a No8?  Surely Rowe is a better rider currently?