British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TTT

BV vs. Panthers 24/04/23

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

What's the rules and regs for a rider racing abroad the next afternoon? One assumes our governing body have given Worrall permission to be absent tonight.

I'm sure Mr Morris give a full and transparent explanation :drink:

Why would Worrall ride in a meeting overseas that hes most likely got no chance of progressing from and miss two paydays from his Uk  meetings for Peterborough and Plymouth ,  is he compensated for missing the two meetings,  was this a last minute thing it seems a strange decision from him unless hes being compensated .

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

If only he had somebody he could borrow kit from, i don't know, say a brother... then he could have done that :D

Haha. Sightseeing in Venice or riding for Peterborough. Hmm tough choice! ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Why would Worrall ride in a meeting overseas that hes most likely got no chance of progressing from and miss two paydays from his Uk  meetings for Peterborough and Plymouth ,  is he compensated for missing the two meetings,  was this a last minute thing it seems a strange decision from him unless hes being compensated .

Ambition and the desire to widen his horizons and ride abroad more often I'd guess, having ridden for GB in both the European Team meetings too. One could argue that he won't improve at his age and should have been doing this years ago but at the same time we shouldn't really knock any Brits who are taking opportunities to ride on the continent and out of their comfort zone when possible.

• Like 7

International superstar Richie Worrall being unprofessional and letting his uk club down something he was very vocal about his ex team mate doing... the only way to justify him missing tonight's meeting is if he does a np and bangs in a 15 point max and wins this european meeting :D

30 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

What's the rules and regs for a rider racing abroad the next afternoon? One assumes our governing body have given Worrall permission to be absent tonight.

Looks like it - but the question more so is why? Tom Brennan is riding in the same meeting and he seems to think he can obviously make it there in time. 

I actually quite like Worrall, even more so after his Nicki Pedersen interview the other day - but the facility for Worrall tonight is because he hasn’t got bikes here, not because he can’t get to Italy in time. That’s a joke.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

International superstar Richie Worrall being unprofessional and letting his uk club down something he was very vocal about his ex team mate doing... the only way to justify him missing tonight's meeting is if he does a np and bangs in a 15 point max and wins this european meeting :D

It's a very different situation though? If he's representing GB having been asked then it's not really letting his club down whereas Pedersen did a deal then cleared off after half a lap.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Looks like it - but the question more so is why? Tom Brennan is riding in the same meeting and he seems to think he can obviously make it there in time. 

I actually quite like Worrall, even more so after his Nicki Pedersen interview the other day - but the facility for Worrall tonight is because he hasn’t got bikes here, not because he can’t get to Italy in time. That’s a joke.

I agree - I actually quite like Worrall too. That interview regarding Pedersen was class - said it as it is. 

• Like 1

Flight from Manchester to Venice at 6.40 tomorrow, 2.30hour flight and hour and a half from Terranzano.

Surely Worrall could have brought an engine back to the uk and back out again, Doyle seems to do it every week and you can’t tell me riding for 2 UK clubs he only has 2 bikes over here 

So we would've had a 5 man team tonight if Wolves vs. Leicester didn't get postponed due to the Richie Worrall situation. 

At least we've got a rider who can win races at No.1 tonight.

4 minutes ago, DJC said:

Flight from Manchester to Venice at 6.40 tomorrow, 2.30hour flight and hour and a half from Terranzano.

Surely Worrall could have brought an engine back to the uk and back out again, Doyle seems to do it every week and you can’t tell me riding for 2 UK clubs he only has 2 bikes over here 

Doesn’t he ride in the polish second division ? Or is that his brother, between the pair of them they must have some bikes in Europe !

14 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Doesn’t he ride in the polish second division ? Or is that his brother, between the pair of them they must have some bikes in Europe !

Steve Worrall rides for Lokomotīve Daugavpils - so if he does have bikes in Europe they are probably in Latvia (home meeting v Gniezno this week).  Haven't seen Richie on any Polish scorecard.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

If only he had somebody he could borrow kit from, i don't know, say a brother... then he could have done that :D

Steve could have just turned up with Wolves off and no one would have been any the wiser...:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

It just shows that even the riders dont take the team aspect in the UK too seriously doesnt it? 

Especially with zero sanction, which suggest that this kind of thing is condoned...

It is a joke, I agree, but then again, it's very much in keeping with the usual operating model policy of "make it up as you go along lads"...

• Like 2

This season goes from one shambles to another both home clubs tonight BV and KL will get poor crowds that’s for sure .