British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Lynn v Sheffield 24/04/23

22 minutes ago, mrss said:

Surely the Stars management need to question their own ambition. Simon Lambert as guest is a joke.

Lets wait and see what Simon scores first. He's seldom let the club down when riding in the reserve berth, and certainly never gives up, even when he's last..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He has a virus according to Edinburgh and was struggling to hold on to the bike .? 

He only struggles to hold onto the bike when he's knocking other riders off around his outside

• Haha 1

Thought Buster Capman wanted to retire from speedway promoting to concentrate on stocks and football ?  Clearly hasn't the ambition any more in speedway despite owning 2 clubs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Thought Buster Capman wanted to retire from speedway promoting to concentrate on stocks and football ?  Clearly hasn't the ambition any more in speedway despite owning 2 clubs.

What makes you think Buster wants to concentrate on football?? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Lets wait and see what Simon scores first. He's seldom let the club down when riding in the reserve berth, and certainly never gives up, even when he's last..

I agree he always tries his best, but I am fairly certain he won’t score as many points as Josh Pickering would at reserve. Sadly Simon Lamberts best days are behind him.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

In theory, but Craig Cook is susceptible to taking bookings & not turning up due to mental health issues. 

It's why Belle Vue, King's Lynn, Ipswich & Peterborough have released him. 

He's unreliable. 

Add Sheffield to that list 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrss said:

I agree he always tries his best, but I am fairly certain he won’t score as many points as Josh Pickering would at reserve. Sadly Simon Lamberts best days are behind him.

Unlike the opposition :unsure:

The tie is gone, we are never clawing back 28 points in a month of Sundays. Lambert is the cheap option but also a sensible one, better to put the £'s towards guest(s) for Thursday at Leicester.

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The tie is gone, we are never clawing back 28 points in a month of Sundays. Lambert is the cheap option but also a sensible one, better to put the £'s towards guest(s) for Thursday at Leicester.

I’m glad you said that Baggy, and not me :-)

5 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Could have booked danny king,instead they book simon Lambert. Cant make this one ,but probably wouldn't have bothered if I could .

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

King prob more expensive and tie pretty much over anyway. 

As i put on another thread,King couldn't guest as you don't get the 5% on top of the average for reserves.Unfortunate that and probably a rule i don't like.They are part of the 1-7 so don't see why all of them don't get the 5%.

I have a season ticket now so will go whatever.If i didn't have one i may have stayed home too and watched some crap on TV.

Going forward though if they constantly bring in guests like Lambert i will even consider not going even with the season ticket.Don't think they have many options for a guest in this one anyway with only Ipswich not riding.Only maybe Riss would have been suitable but is he fit yet?Can't have King or Rew,so that would only leave Hume.May as well go for Lambert at the NA.

Edit:Thursday at Leicester you have a choice of say S.Worrall,Lidsey,Brennan,Nicholls,Riss if fit.Not a bad choice really.Nicholls and Worrall seem to be the riders in some form of late and would like to see one of them guest if Pickering isn't fit.Let's show some ambition Lynn management.

Edited by tellboy

55 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Orrrrrr get a decent guest in at reserve and look to make a dent in that. If Kasprzak carries on from last week then who knows. 

Simon Lambert coming in to guest for Pickering absolutely stinks.

Edited by Najjer

27 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Orrrrrr get a decent guest in at reserve and look to make a dent in that. If Kasprzak carries on from last week then who knows. 

Simon Lambert coming in to guest for Pickering absolutely stinks.

Who would you suggest though?No one from the PL would be available,Nicholls Guesting for Wolves.Would anyone from the Championship be a decent guest,probably not.

r/r for musielak weakens sheffield around the Norfolk Arena. 28 points is a very big ask, but not impossible with the right attitude. The right attitude is not Lambert. Sounds like the stars have given up on the KO cup already and just want to give the riders some more track time at home. It looked like a poor crowd against Wolves the other week, which surprised me as it was Easter hols -  suspect it will be poor again and Stars management will just be keen to get the match out of the way on concentrate on the league