British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Lynn v Sheffield 24/04/23

1 hour ago, Haza said:

My guess Busters thoughts Pboro no chance at Belle Vue and the Lynn v Sheffield tie is over so save money on both meetings by going with R/R at BV and use Allit’s mate at Lynn .

Oh the mates rates are out to get Harris to Belle Vue tonight.  I swear they only know a few riders 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

My guess Busters thoughts Pboro no chance at Belle Vue and the Lynn v Sheffield tie is over so save money on both meetings by going with R/R at BV and use Allit’s mate at Lynn .

Sheffield are also using r/r but they're not getting slagged off for it?

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Sheffield using Richard Lawson now 

19 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

7 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I didn't know that, but my point remains (before the postponement) Peterborough were getting slagged off for using r/r fans / trolls saying the promotion have "given up" & they won't go anymore, while I didn't read a single complaint on the Sheffield thread for using r/r!

12 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

That's definitely away win for Sheffield 

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I didn't know that, but my point remains (before the postponement) Peterborough were getting slagged off for using r/r fans / trolls saying the promotion have "given up" & they won't go anymore, while I didn't read a single complaint on the Sheffield thread for using r/r!

I'm not sure I see the logic behind Sheffield having a guest. They have a massive lead. 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm not sure I see the logic behind Sheffield having a guest. They have a massive lead. 

I suppose you can never be certain of a win no matter how big a lead you have, and it’s better for the fans to have 2 full 7 rider teams. 

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It's good to see Sheffield doing things that would help them win the match.The overall result is already Sheffields but they still want to win this match.I wish our promotion would now do something about our reserve birth tonight.Will they?I think not,despite the crap Allitt come out with in the meeting preview.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lynnboy said:

I will be staying at home and saving my money, fed up with Dale getting his mates in the team. 
I have been going over 40 years now and this is the first time I can’t be bothered to go. need a forward thinking promotion who want to promote and not just expect people to turn up and pay there hard earned money for a weak assembled team. 

I was willing to give them the benefit of doubt to start with re Lambert tonight,as there really wasn't anyone available at the time.But as soon as the Wolves match was off they should of been on the phone to the riders in that match who could have covered for Pickering.I am pissed off as it seems they have sat on their arses and done bugger all.One of those riders would have done it I'm sure as they were all set to do a meeting anyway.

2 things wrong in your statement lynnboy,whenever have you ever done any hard work:D

And have you really been going 40 years,you don't look a day over 25:lol::wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How can teams just redeclare their starting line ups tonight? If they had pencilled in R/R then they should have to stick to it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It's good to see Sheffield doing things that would help them win the match.The overall result is already Sheffields but they still want to win this match.I wish our promotion would now do something about our reserve birth tonight.Will they?I think not,despite the crap Allitt come out with in the meeting preview.

Have to agree. Simon Lambert may well bring in a load of local spectators tonight and might even score well but it's unambitious and lazy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Good point - not sure what Sheffield fan’s thoughts are but guess they think the tie is in the bag - just seen they are using Richard Lawson 

Edited by Haza

As for a Sheffield running R/R for Tobi, pre the call off of Wolves v Leicester guests were from Ipswich only, Doyle too high, Emil fly’s in and out for meetings only plus unsure if he can guest whilst on assessed average, that leaves King only, pretty sure that those eligible to tak an R/R ride for Sheffield (Holder, Ellis, Bellego, Howarth & Kerr) would equal or better what King would have got so at that point R/R was best way forward, now that Kings Lynns 2022 number 1 is available it makes sense to get him in to cover Tobi 

• Like 2