British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

1 Chris Harris (Capt) 2 Drew Kemp 3 Danyon Hume 4 Jake Allen 5 Leon Flint 6 Arran Butcher 7 Jason Edwards  according to the Poole website.

Poole 1 Richard Lawson 2 Anders Rowe 3 Ben Cook 4 Zach Cook 5 Steve Worrall (Capt) 6 Kyle Newman 7 Lee Complin (Guest)  Team manager Neil Middleditch
Leicester 1 Chris Harris (Capt) 2 Drew Kemp 3 Danyon Hume 4 Jake Allen 5 Leon Flint 6 Arran Butcher 7 Jason Edwards Team manager Stewart Dickson

3 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Poole 1 Richard Lawson 2 Anders Rowe 3 Ben Cook 4 Zach Cook 5 Steve Worrall (Capt) 6 Kyle Newman 7 Lee Complin (Guest)  Team manager Neil Middleditch
Leicester 1 Chris Harris (Capt) 2 Drew Kemp 3 Danyon Hume 4 Jake Allen 5 Leon Flint 6 Arran Butcher 7 Jason Edwards Team manager Stewart Dickson

What an underwhelming line up. 

12 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

What an underwhelming line up. 

I'm tempted to say it doesn't take much to beat Poole at the moment! Will I have to eat my words? All will be revealed in due course!

Two well balanced teams though i know nothing about butcher. Leicester looking a bit stronger and Harris loves the Poole track. 

Will pirates lift our second trophy of the season? Should be a good night of racing weather permitting. 

Please let's not try and build this into something it definitely isn't,it's an end of season challenge nothing more.probably 80% of fans I spoke with on sat thought it was meaningless, unfortunately there are a few regular posters on here whose posts are totally unrepresentative  of the majority of poole fans.Weve had a good season and am very confident that a super competitive team will be assembled for next season (cooks would be top of shopping list of every other team in the league)

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, poole keith said:

Please let's not try and build this into something it definitely isn't,it's an end of season challenge nothing more.probably 80% of fans I spoke with on sat thought it was meaningless, unfortunately there are a few regular posters on here whose posts are totally unrepresentative  of the majority of poole fans.Weve had a good season and am very confident that a super competitive team will be assembled for next season (cooks would be top of shopping list of every other team in the league)

Exactly, No one cares about this i cant even imagine the riders care really especially as some already know there moving on... its less than a glorified friendly 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, poole keith said:

That’s refreshing to read…….especially the highlighted part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

That’s refreshing to read…….especially the highlighted part. 

Thank you Poole keith,restored my faith in humanity, agree it's meaningless and you will see a completely different bomber than when he was riding for his team in a meaningful match,8 doubt he will even get double figures but then again he is a racer. Poole riders probably on cash incentives in a desperate effort to get them to put in a performance.  Poole will still be a strong team next season  with 3 hleaders in Lawson and the 2 cooks with hagon and Perry at 6and 7,who are probably the best 2pters available atm.

PooleKeith, you might not be arsed to support the final, but many still do. If you are not bothered so be it, but it’s the final of a competition that was run with all teams involved and is rightly going to be run to its conclusion, albeit late. Most slagging it off have no interest other than to put the boot in, while their teams packed up for the season in some cases many weeks ago. Poole are still running with big crowds attending. Be sure many do not share your view and another big crowd will be present on Wednesday, weather permitting, in the hope of seeing Pirates lift our second trophy of the season.

Only then should we go into the winter and start discussing who will or will not ride for Poole in 2024. It says something when Poole fans feel disappointed this year, when in truth we have made every team final available. It shows the level we expect and hold ourselves to.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

PooleKeith, you might not be arsed to support the final, but many still do. If you are not bothered so be it, but it’s the final of a competition that was run with all teams involved and is rightly going to be run to its conclusion, albeit late. Most slagging it off have no interest other than to put the boot in, while their teams packed up for the season in some cases many weeks ago. Poole are still running with big crowds attending. Be sure many do not share your view and another big crowd will be present on Wednesday, weather permitting, in the hope of seeing Pirates lift our second trophy of the season.

Only then should we go into the winter and start discussing who will or will not ride for Poole in 2024. It says something when Poole fans feel disappointed this year, when in truth we have made every team final available. It shows the level we expect and hold ourselves to.

You hold yourself alot i reckon. :t:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

R/r for Anders.

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Exactly, No one cares about this i cant even imagine the riders care really especially as some already know there moving on... its less than a glorified friendly 

Just another pay packet 

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

R/r for Anders.

No surprise. Two nasty falls on Saturday and he probably should have sat the remainder of the season out. Hopefully he will be back for us next season. Loads of potential there.

I must get down the Clinic. 

I've spent all day reading this thread wondering whats all the fuss about a challenge match for a cup sponsored by a kids iced drink they suck. 

So it's not the Jubbley Cup, no free iced drinks then

Doh