British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, iainb said:

Listening to Danny Ford on the British Speedway podcast and fair play for the guy presenting it for asking the question about the Jubilee Trophy but I'm glad Danny Ford found it all very funny! I get it, it has become a joke but for the fans that have followed their club through all the qualifying rounds they deserve for it to at least be taken seriously by the powers that be. And until these competitions are taken seriously (whatever they are)... Speedway will always be seen as a Micky Mouse "sport"

My thoughts exactly, those matches weren't advertised as Challenge matches, they were advertised as qualifying matches. Final still should be ridden imo.

If the clubs lose money hosting the matches now, perhaps they'll learn to take the meetings seriously - when it mattered.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Listening to Danny Ford on the British Speedway podcast and fair play for the guy presenting it for asking the question about the Jubilee Trophy but I'm glad Danny Ford found it all very funny! I get it, it has become a joke but for the fans that have followed their club through all the qualifying rounds they deserve for it to at least be taken seriously by the powers that be. And until these competitions are taken seriously (whatever they are)... Speedway will always be seen as a Micky Mouse "sport"

Didn't he say that Stewart Dickson was going to buy two replica trophies with " Joint Winners " engraved on them?

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Didn't he say that Stewart Dickson was going to buy two replica trophies with " Joint Winners " engraved on them?

Glasgow have put a claim in as “winners by default”.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He did... bit of an insult to the paying punters really

43 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Glasgow have put a claim in as “winners by default”.

Still have to be in the competition to claim a trophy. Quitters don't get anything :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Still have to be in the competition to claim a trophy. Quitters don't get anything :D

We quit because we knew the other two couldn't get it organised and didn't want to be part of a farce!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, topaz325 said:

If this meeting takes place the BSPL should be fined.

That's the most bizarre take I've read on this competition, why fine the BSPL for trying to complete it?

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It was a farce then and is a farce now.

We saw it for what it was 

A FARCE

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

That's the most bizarre take I've read on this competition, why fine the BSPL for trying to complete it?

Under league rules if a club fails to complete a meeting by the end of the season you are fined, so the bspa should be fined for failing to ensure the flagship meeting was not completed,  in 2018 the fine was £3000, that's what worky were fined when last fixture of season was iced off, so should be £4000 now 

19 minutes ago, Neila said:

Under league rules if a club fails to complete a meeting by the end of the season you are fined, so the bspa should be fined for failing to ensure the flagship meeting was not completed,  in 2018 the fine was £3000, that's what worky were fined when last fixture of season was iced off, so should be £4000 now 

That would never be agreed by the Management Board! In any case its not league!;)

11 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

That would never be agreed by the Management Board! In any case its not league!;)

So why the need to run it from how many years ago is it now .....the train has left a long time ago and it’s empty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

So why the need to run it from how many years ago is it now .....the train has left a long time ago and it’s empty.

I agree! Hence the shared trophy for the 2 finalists!

23 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Mainly because until it's done, we're stuck with making these jokes.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I agree! Hence the shared trophy for the 2 finalists!

Well someone better provide the trophies, as the bspa can't supply the trophy for their own competitions , and someone to present them, as bspa big wigs don't do trophy presentations 

Edited by Neila