British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Oxford Vs Edinburgh KOC 1st leg 26th April

Oxford certainly know how to keep Bomber from doing his stuff,slick track and grade before each of his rides.

34 minutes ago, iainb said:

Possibly... but I'm sure Oxford will have pulled in some cash in from people (like myself) who would have never attended this match.

Does the home club receive a payment from BSN for the possible affect on attendance ? 

Just now, Triple.H. said:

Does the home club receive a payment from BSN for the possible affect on attendance ? 

You would hope so, it's their product to sell... wasn't their somebody watching from Canada last night? Hard to imagine that they would have attended :D

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, iainb said:

You would hope so, it's their product to sell... wasn't their somebody watching from Canada last night? Hard to imagine that they would have attended :D

:D Plus the only affect it would have is away fans going. I would have thought their admission policy is more of an issue imo, esp with the elder generation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

I would have thought their admission policy is more of an issue imo, esp with the elder generation. 

Why what is it?

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Surcharge for Senior Citizens …..

So they pay more than an "Adult"?

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

Why what is it?

You pay more at the gate on the night than if you do if you book online in advance. And not sure you can even pay by cash! :o

OK, so it's not a surcharge on Seniors... but you're "encouraged" to pre-book meaning that there may be a certain demographic that are less likely to do this. Strange one as usually it's the other way around and you get surcharged for booking online. No doubt this has been done to death elsewhere on the forum :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You pay more at the gate on the night than if you do if you book online in advance. And not sure you can even pay by cash! :o

There are no reductions for OAPs they pay the adult price, accompanied U16s are free entry, on the day ticket price is higher, surprisingly you will find at many events that on the day prices are higher than the advance ticket price. It's been done to death on here and social media since march last year when ticketing arrangements were announced that you cannot pay cash on the gate.

If i'm honest i think there should be a reduction for OAPs, but it's not my business. Also surely if an OAP has no internet etc and cannot buy online, they could ask a family member or friend to buy them one and give them the cash, i did it lots of times last season for people i know in that predicament. 

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Thanks 1

There was also a certain football match taking place last night. I normally go with four people, but I was the only one who attended as all the others wanted to watch Man City v Arsenal instead.

Edited by Bojangles

I think Edinburgh have the best idea with some sort of radius block to encourage people living locally to attend. 

Teams who rent Stadia probably do better as they may lose 2 or 3 in a family for cost of one stream. 

Teams who make money from food and drink I'd suggests are idiots to stream as they lose that income stream. 

You never know how many you are losing until you stop it for certain matches. 

My understanding is that for most matches all BSN net profit is pooled and shared equally amongst CL teams. 

I was told though that contrary to expectations of most Clubs that last year's Play Off money was shared only amongst play off participants at each stage. That's hearsay though. 

• Like 1

Good start to the season from Oxfam. Nicholls on fire.

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Possibly... but I'm sure Oxford will have pulled in some cash in from people (like myself) who would have never attended this match.

It would be nice to have some figures to show how beneficial or otherwise streaming / TV is on attendance and income. 

That would of course require transparency 

4 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

It would be nice to have some figures to show how beneficial or otherwise streaming / TV is on attendance and income. 

That would of course require transparency 

None of our business really with privately owned companies... Agree though, it would be intriguing to know the viewing numbers :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1