British Speedway Forum
cowboy cookie returns?

Ipswich V Kings Lynn May 1st

Enjoyed my trip there last week but thought the crowd would have been bigger with Emil's signing

New guest needed now as Lewis Kerr out now until 6th May with the 9 day concussion rule 

11 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Yup TB1 agree 1005. In fact afternoon speedway lacks the atmosphere of evening speedway IMO. If it's a sunny day , all todays track " material"  just doesn't hold enough moisture  to prevent a dustbowl.

I don't recall ever seeing a dust bowl at Foxhall. A sunny/clear afternoon contributes to a lack of grip, so the track will become slicker. Difficult balancing act, both on track prep/maintenance and the expectation of a potentially even larger attendance tempted by the sunshine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Craig Cook will now guest at reserve for both meetings I'd imagine (may 1st and May 4th)

You imagine or yoy know? Is it official or not?

I'd imagine that someone will land on the moon again but don't know that it will be May 1st or 4th....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Craig Cook will now guest at reserve for both meetings I'd imagine (may 1st and May 4th)

Depends if his van can do so many meetings  in a short space! 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, bruno said:

Enjoyed my trip there last week but thought the crowd would have been bigger with Emil's signing

A good sized crowd can look small there as it has a high capacity and the back straight stand holds quite a few.  Probably still around 2-2.5k there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'd imagine that someone will land on the moon again but don't know that it will be May 1st or 4th....

I know 

27 minutes ago, TB1 said:

Forecast looks a bit damp for Monday.

We'll wait to see. If it is the BBC forecast you are looking at I find their predictions increasingly inaccurate. The Met Office is a much better gauge, dry and sunny for Monday

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

I know 

:t:

9 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

2 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

I know 

Goodo - will warm up my booing muscles :D

• Haha 2

BBC contracted out its weather service to the cheapest bidder= metro group, a few years ago, ending their contract with the metoffice,.

You get what you pay for comes to mind.

• Like 1