British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Swindon 10th May

Get a life ffs

• Confused 1

Glug Glug Glug 

• Haha 1

Certainly some fast race times with Doyley recording the fastest of the season so far in heat one. Track grades after every 2 heats agreed with both teams and ref after the track walk! With Doyley so much faster than everyone, some of the races were a bit processional but nonetheless a decent challenge in front of a sparse crowd - maybe the presence of a GP rider doesn't attract more fans if its a meaningless meeting??!!

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Looked like Newman got that on the line ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Yeah, watching it back seemed it be. Normally refs aren't allowed to watch replay of a stream for league meetings as not every club provides it but not sure if it is different in a challenge meeting. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, watching it back seemed it be. Normally refs aren't allowed to watch replay of a stream for league meetings as not every club provides it but not sure if it is different in a challenge meeting. 

Don't really know why. I remember years ago I think it was Geo stancl got excluded for touching the tapes and thankfully snapper was down at the tapes and was the blatant was the opposition rider touched first. Referee asked to see his pictures and reversed his decision. Surely if there's video evidence you use it. Mental

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Don't really know why. I remember years ago I think it was Geo stancl got excluded for touching the tapes and thankfully snapper was down at the tapes and was the blatant was the opposition rider touched first. Referee asked to see his pictures and reversed his decision. Surely if there's video evidence you use it. Mental

Yeah, I either heard it mentioned on the podcast or Christina Turnbull interview. I guess they think it is unfair that you can watch a replay at Poole and potentially change your decision and not have the same option at Glasgow, for instance. It could change the league table in theory. 

Although that was last season it might have changed for this season! Especially as only 3 teams don't stream? Oxford, Glasgow and Berwick? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, I either heard it mentioned on the podcast or Christina Turnbull interview. I guess they think it is unfair that you can watch a replay at Poole and potentially change your decision and not have the same option at Glasgow, for instance. It could change the league table in theory. 

Although that was last season it might have changed for this season! Especially as only 3 teams don't stream? Oxford, Glasgow and Berwick? 

Was Christina the ref at Oxford could really done with it when said Jacob hook fell off on his own when clearly got wiped out lol. Yeah they should use anything they have available to them to make correct decision. Most need all the help they can get!!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The real problem with this is home snappers/ video technicians will jump up and down to correct a decision that goes against the home team, but not when a manifestly wrong call is made in their team's favour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Hopefully once transponders are up and running this won't happen

• Like 1

Surprised the Swindon Select won that after the heavy defeat at Oxfam. Doyley didn't win a race last time out. Swindon Robins normally did well at Poole in the latter Premiership years, like Coventry, one of their favourite tracks. Shame the 1000 Robins fans that were at Cowley didn't make the long trip to Dorset. These meetings perhaps would be better run during school hols, plus the iffy weather, and at least you dont have to pay in advance. It keeps the Swindon Robins name alive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Certainly some fast race times with Doyley recording the fastest of the season so far in heat one. Track grades after every 2 heats agreed with both teams and ref after the track walk! With Doyley so much faster than everyone, some of the races were a bit processional but nonetheless a decent challenge in front of a sparse crowd - maybe the presence of a GP rider doesn't attract more fans if its a meaningless meeting??!!

Yet there was a capacity 3500 at Oxfam.

18 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Yet there was a capacity 3500 at Oxfam.

They're working their marketing well.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Watching Jack Smith you would think it was his 1st season in Speedway.