British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Czech GP round 3 Saturday June 3rd

Not a bad meeting,seen lot worse at Prague.well done to Vaculik,Madsen showing better form.Woffy certainly not going to be contender in the Title chase.

I paid £60 for the year to watch Discovery+, already I have received my monies worth….. 3 GP’s, and 1 GP2. Plus just today I watched a World Superbikes race, championship bmx racing, and mountain bike down hill championship. Tuesday evening I watched Mondays Wolves v BV match. And there is so much more to come. That’s hard to beat.

• Like 5

It is really good to see two young Brits up there near the top . I would never have imagined it ten years or so ago when it was just Tai W. 

Genuinely think Bewley, Lambert, Woffy and whoever else they pick have a good chance in the SWC. Who will be the 4th rider though? Is it back to 4 riders plus a reserve/u21?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

May I ask why ?

To keep the series a bit more interesting, We don't really want one rider running away with it.

34 minutes ago, Pinny said:

It is really good to see two young Brits up there near the top . I would never have imagined it ten years or so ago when it was just Tai W. 

Genuinely think Bewley, Lambert, Woffy and whoever else they pick have a good chance in the SWC. Who will be the 4th rider though? Is it back to 4 riders plus a reserve/u21?

I believe its 4+1 with no requirement for the reserve to be U21. You'd imagine everybody will put their best rider at reserve.

For GB you'd imagine the 'other' two spots will go to a couple from Ellis, Brennan and Harris, with Worrall, Lawson, Wright and King as outside bets. Ellis and Brennan are Polish league regulars so I'd probably go for them. 

For Prague that wasn’t too bad, decent racing with a few overtakes.

For Woffy that was awful, just doesn’t look quick enough, Bewley and Lambert are both better.

Woffinden is finished as a world force! That's not to say he can't regain it like Hancock did after about 15 years. 

Was amusing at the start when he was giving it the usual Billy Big Spuds... I don't get nervous garbage, cut to Jason Crump saying if you say you don't get nervous you're full of crap :rofl:

If Woffy genuinely isn't getting nervous it obviously just doesn't mean enough to him anymore. 

Disappointed with Dan, just showed a little lack of experience at times with a few bad choices but if he can learn from his mistakes he's going to be a consistent challenger for years to come. 

Well done to Leicester Lions legend Vaculik on his win :D

Edited by iainb

:drink:Just back from the post meeting beer.

Thoroughly enjoyed that (well the racing, not the ‘music’ inbetween). Good to see a meeting with relatively equal gates too, no graveyard. Pleased for Martin Vaculik, who comes across well in interviews, and delighted for the lady sitting next to me.

Edited by Tactical Joker

22 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

For Prague that wasn’t too bad, decent racing with a few overtakes.

For Woffy that was awful, just doesn’t look quick enough, Bewley and Lambert are both better.

For Prague agreed not too bad - started off well then got slicker as meeting went on. Bewley decent meeting just a caught in wrong place in semi and possibly made right move but wrong time ... but looked quick. Little disappointed with Lambert had hoped for more at 28/1. Vaculik saved my day betting wise at 10/1. Woffy just didn't look quick enough which doesnt bode well for next week. 

10 hours ago, eric i said:

The Jason Doyle All 4 back decision was truly awful.

I just feel his time in the GP's is possible over seems to be on the deck all the time now and involved in most of the incidents that happen .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Woffinden is finished as a world force! That's not to say he can't regain it like Hancock did after about 15 years. 

It has struck me Tai has now become the new Hancock but without his grit  , until the end of his career Greg never needed a "wild card"to be in the GP'S if my memory is correct .

He hasn’t won a GP since 2018 has he?