British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Lynn v Witches 4th May

3 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

It's when incidents like this happen that the lack of media coverage isn't such a bad thing.

Within a few hours of this postponement there should have been an announcement of an investigation into the circumstances. Contact people at the stock car meeting to confirm that part of the story. Phil Morris should be there today to see for himself this damage and what's needed to fix it. It should be easy enough to then see how difficult it is to get those replacement parts. 

When Morris took this job he said: "There are three words associated with this role that stand out for me: integrity, transparency and perception, and all of those are big things for me which I feel need to be improved."

Now is the time to prove that things will change. Maybe King's Lynn are telling the truth, if that's the case there's still no harm done in looking into it. 

Best is to close ranks. ..

Because everyone may need an "emergency call off" at some stage...

As a test, I have just entered "metal fence and gate repairs" into Google (other search engines are available) and quite a good many company names have come up...

And if I send them my details they will contact me to arrange a repair...

Within 24 hours for many,  and even same day for a few..

Might be worth at least trying do you reckon? ;)

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

A very dubious call off imo,but also on the other hand maybe the pit gate has been damaged I don't know I'm not there ,neither are any on here I suspect.

Should please the people that don't like the R/R and guest facilities anyway:rolleyes:.

As for some thinking it was called off because Lynn were missing Klindt.That was a god send him missing at home:shock:

Well NK's home average is 3.50 so it wasn't that:). It's not impossible, but dubious as you say. No doubt the eagle eyed will be checking out the said gate at the next home meeting.

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Because we love Speedway! Some choose to ignore the daft rules / guests etc for a couple of hours & hope to be entertained watching the most exciting motorsport there is imo.

I fully get that..& have done this myself, but it’s my opinion that if people keep supporting this contrived “sport” then there won’t be any real change, it may be too late for that anyway. I wonder how Discovery view the nonsense & unprofessionalism of the organisation & individuals, any forward steps that they may have made in the GP’s is undermined by British Speedway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Littleze said:

I fully get that..& have done this myself, but it’s my opinion that if people keep supporting this contrived “sport” then there won’t be any real change, it may be too late for that anyway. I wonder how Discovery view the nonsense & unprofessionalism of the organisation & individuals, any forward steps that they may have made in the GP’s is undermined by British Speedway. 

To be fair, there are plenty of mickey mouse things that go on in the GPs and Poland, despite how professional their public face is. It's just we are not as close to it over here so see and hear less. Most things when you look under the mat end up disappointing you. It's the main reason they always say never meet your heroes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pleasureboy60 said:

If this is true, then Chapman needs kicking out of speedway once and for all.

Good riddance!

It might help if Buster were to post a picture of the gate, sorted.

If the biggest problem on here is Buster's Gate and whether you're being lied to, then I think we're all in trouble. When you consider that pretty much everything to come out of the mouths of all politicians, and the media about mundane unimportant things like Covid, Climate change, the economy. I know which ones I'd rather have integrity, transparency, and honesty from. If Kings Lynn need to cancel a fixture and run it another time because of whatever circumstances, is it really that big a deal?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wtf said:

If the biggest problem on here is Buster's Gate and whether you're being lied to, then I think we're all in trouble. When you consider that pretty much everything to come out of the mouths of all politicians, and the media about mundane unimportant things like Covid, Climate change, the economy. I know which ones I'd rather have integrity, transparency, and honesty from. If Kings Lynn need to cancel a fixture and run it another time because of whatever circumstances, is it really that big a deal?

Problem being KL has a track record of very dodgy call offs over the years - and can’t blame fans being very suspicious.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

Problem being KL has a track record of very dodgy call offs over the years - and can’t blame fans being very suspicious.

Absolutely, they should be suspicious, I just think If integrity and not being lied to is that important to people they are going to spend much of their lives disappointed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Cheese said:

It's when incidents like this happen that the lack of media coverage isn't such a bad thing.

Within a few hours of this postponement there should have been an announcement of an investigation into the circumstances. Contact people at the stock car meeting to confirm that part of the story. Phil Morris should be there today to see for himself this damage and what's needed to fix it. It should be easy enough to then see how difficult it is to get those replacement parts. 

When Morris took this job he said: "There are three words associated with this role that stand out for me: integrity, transparency and perception, and all of those are big things for me which I feel need to be improved."

Now is the time to prove that things will change. Maybe King's Lynn are telling the truth, if that's the case there's still no harm done in looking into it. 

Who actually pays Morris wages and why haven’t they asked him to investigate? 
could it possibly be because they might need a “favour” in future

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pleasureboy60 said:

If this is true, then Chapman needs kicking out of speedway once and for all.

Good riddance!

you would not have a club with out them lol .

23 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Surely only a referee shoud be the one to decide if its safe or not!

It don't work like that if meetings are cancelled in advance for whatever reason. Refs only there on race days i believe .It would be nice if clubs were made to show the problems/evidence when it's things like Lynn are claiming though..

Edited by Bald Bloke

9 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Perfect weather for speedway 

Was looking forward to tonight's meeting.:angry:

On 5/3/2023 at 6:41 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it stays that way, might need a 'stadium issue' at the Foxhole one Thursday if Doyle and/or Emil have rearranged Polish fixtures ;)