British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Glasgow Vs Oxford Championship 5th May

Just now, MANSE said:

With you saying

With you saying 18th of May confused me

Aye that's Danish semi I think. I thought was a Friday but that's just because I can't count lol

No doubt if the SF gets rained off on the 18th the restaging will be the 19th.

Though the Danes tend to get on with it when it's a bit wet.

• Like 2

Weather forecast glasgow area 19th may slight drizzle [on holiday for 1 week ]

6 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Weather forecast glasgow area 19th may slight drizzle [on holiday for 1 week ]

Call it off

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Call it off

Just remembered we are at Redcar 19th May  

27 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Call it off

NOW

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Now called off.

Redcar vs. Poole (BSN S-F) on that date.

15 hours ago, MANSE said:

We are now at home to Scunthrorpe on this date in the second leg of BSN series semi-final.

Better be no rain in the forecast for that day or we'll be running scared!

On 5/5/2023 at 11:58 PM, Noelinho said:

Their priority is always going to be to try not to mess around the home fans, or riders. Any given week, there might be 500 people. Almost all of them most weeks, are there for the Tigers. You can’t please everyone, but if you piss off all the home fans, you can’t make even a vaguely sustainable club.

Hopefully I am mis reading this Noelinho, I assume the home crowd hasn’t fallen to 500?

On 5/6/2023 at 10:56 AM, Fromafar said:

What is the other reason for call off since you seem to be “in the know”.

In fairness to Lucifer Sam, he is one of the most travelled speedway fans on here and travels up and down the country to watch speedway, not just his team. As such he is probably pretty knowledgeable from the side of how fans view and are affected by things. Rather than attack people like that perhaps they should be listened to for the future of the sport

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lioness said:

Hopefully I am mis reading this Noelinho, I assume the home crowd hasn’t fallen to 500?

In fairness to Lucifer Sam, he is one of the most travelled speedway fans on here and travels up and down the country to watch speedway, not just his team. As such he is probably pretty knowledgeable from the side of how fans view and are affected by things. Rather than attack people like that perhaps they should be listened to for the future of the sport

When he is predicting Weather forecasts from 300 mls away,  perhaps better just to accept the situation( whether right or wrong.)His intended visit to Scunthorpe proving what could happen regarding the weather.Len Silver often made the same decision regarding the weather.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lioness said:

My estimation is about 500 people on the average race night, yes. But that's a very unscientific manual head count, not from anywhere official, so I could be wrong. To me it definitely feels the crowd is smaller than back in 2018/19. And as I've said before, for all the great stuff they do, I don't feel like the promotion are very good at promoting the product. We're spoiled rotten by the racing at Ashfield - both the track and the riders - but I do think they really need to get someone in to help them advertise better. It's not that they don't do anything, it just seems to lack consistency. 

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

My estimation is about 500 people on the average race night, yes. But that's a very unscientific manual head count, not from anywhere official, so I could be wrong. To me it definitely feels the crowd is smaller than back in 2018/19. And as I've said before, for all the great stuff they do, I don't feel like the promotion are very good at promoting the product. We're spoiled rotten by the racing at Ashfield - both the track and the riders - but I do think they really need to get someone in to help them advertise better. It's not that they don't do anything, it just seems to lack consistency. 

“Friday night is Speedway night” used to be the saying……..and it was consistently Friday night weekly for most of the season. I think that is where much of the problem lies in attracting higher crowd levels. All this chopping and changing and having large gaps throughout the calendar does the sport no favours and folk can’t get into a routine. I realise the financial implications of the present day for some who may not be able to afford weekly meetings but I think more consistency would help the situation. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

“Friday night is Speedway night” used to be the saying……..and it was consistently Friday night weekly for most of the season. I think that is where much of the problem lies in attracting higher crowd levels. All this chopping and changing and having large gaps throughout the calendar does the sport no favours and folk can’t get into a routine. I realise the financial implications of the present day for some who may not be able to afford weekly meetings but I think more consistency would help the situation. 

Once a fortnight, same day same time would be the common sense thing to do..

Two meeting out of one monthly salary may even be a stretch for some given the cost of living these days, however, those who are keen followers can at least make a budget plan to give themselves every opportunity to attend..

And you can also market it with one message..

Or maybe even reduce your outlay, and therefore your prices, to more meet the pockets of your fanbase..?

Cough! Cough! Splutter! Splutter!

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

This crazy fixture list will kill off the Sport.Whoever voted to change to 1 Home 1 Away has lot to answer for .IMO

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

This crazy fixture list will kill off the Sport.Whoever voted to change to 1 Home 1 Away has lot to answer for .IMO

Yup…..who needs three competitions?  League with 2 home 2 away plus the KO cup would be my answer. 

• Like 8