British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Peterborough v Ipswich KOC semi-final 1st leg Monday 8th May.

30 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

How can you possibly comment when you have no idea what it's like to follow a club that has been run into the ground by a guy who runs our rivals and don't give a crap..ooh let's all be positive because Ianb says so!

I thought he saved your club and won you the league the year before last... and signed you Nicki Pedersen for this year. 

As a Coventry fan I know exactly what it's like to have your club run into the ground and ultimately close.

Edited by iainb

40 minutes ago, iainb said:

I thought he saved your club and won you the league the year before last... and signed you Nicki Pedersen for this year. 

As a Coventry fan I know exactly what it's like to have your club run into the ground and ultimately close.

So when that happened was you all happy and positive about what was going on there?..sorry for the negativity but British speedway is a mess and this is the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by chrismorton

Looking at the amount of meetings called off, it's a good job they kept October free..:D

Rearranging for Thursday nights after Poland have had their fill may mean UK Speedway may have to become "5 a side"..:D

23 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

So when that happened was you all happy and positive about what was going on there?..sorry for the negativity but British speedway is a mess and this is the tip of the iceberg.

Nope... but i bloody well enjoyed my speedway for what it was. I wasn't apathetic at all, I for one was looking forward to enjoying tomorrow's Bank Holiday speedway

Edited by iainb

The forecast has indeed changed, as often happens. When you postpone meetings more than 24 hours in advance you always run the risk of that happening. The first band of rain that was due to hit lunchtime isn’t now predicted, but rain IS still set for late evening so they may yet be proven correct, not that it really matters now. The forecast yesterday morning did look dreadful to be fair. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

According to the met office no rain predicted today......sometimes it's best to wait.

I didn't think you cared :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm gradually losing complete interest in a sport I used to love. I think the surface of our track can't absorb much water now that Chapman has put all that crap on. Proper shale drains much better, but of course that's more expensive. Enough said!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, iainb said:

Our club was doing fine until Holdergate. Chapman allegedly needed clubs to make up the numbers, no more than that IMO. He's been pretty well AWOL and silent ever since takeover, always allegedly continually wanting out and leaving others to run the show but then usually showing up when there is something to break. If the likes of Oakes, Frost, Rathbone etc had been running Peterborough Speedway then they would be out there fighting hard to keep the club going. What have we heard from the current owner? One centre green message at the end of last season saying that he'd secured the 2023 season, but at what cost? He's been silent ever since. We get Mick Bratley on local radio fighting hard for the club which says much about the current administration?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Our club was doing fine until Holdergate. Chapman allegedly needed clubs to make up the numbers, no more than that IMO. He's been pretty well AWOL and silent ever since takeover, always allegedly continually wanting out and leaving others to run the show but then usually showing up when there is something to break. If the likes of Oakes, Frost, Rathbone etc had been running Peterborough Speedway then they would be out there fighting hard to keep the club going. What have we heard from the current owner? One centre green message at the end of last season saying that he'd secured 2023 season, but at what cost? He been silent ever since. We get Mick Bratley on local radio fighting hard for the club which says much about the current administration?

This one million percent 

• Like 1

As well as the risk of a reduced crowd I expect clubs/promotions don't want to risk flying riders over for a rain off and the costs incurred by that. These early decisions are becoming more and more common and I'm pretty sure it's all about costs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iainb said:

I didn't think you cared :D

I do..but not as much as I used to when I see such lack of effort leading us..

• Like 2