British Speedway Forum

Still haven’t had last week’s copy (week ending 30/12/23….I have it put by each week in my local central store.

On 12/28/2023 at 2:45 PM, topaz325 said:

Still not still not received last weeks copy , the postal service is very poor , getting to be a weekly issue , only getting letters about twice a week.

Funnily enough I had the same problem in Nov lack of Mail ,SS not even turning up.Went into my local sorting office and asked if there was any delivery problems in my Area,was told there was not but would look into the matter with his manager.Presto! Mail and SS is back on track.Definately Post Office service to blame for most SS delivery problems IMO.

• Like 2

Once again it is a Thursday and no Speedway Star delivered.  Over the last six weeks I have it delivered just once on Thursday, three times on a Friday, once on a Saturday and once on a Monday.

I was prepared to give the Royal Mail the benefit of the doubt with it being Christmas but this is getting beyond a joke.

Get mine at local Tesco's..

Thursday morning every week..

The Royal Mail are not very good are they? 

Still haven’t had last week’s (30/12/23) speedway star or this week’s yet. As I said, I have a copy put aside every week (and have done for the last 16/17 years)in my local Central store just round the corner from my house. 
As a4poster said for the last six weeks or so it has only been delivered on a Friday at the earliest. According to the ladies in the shop, all magazines and papers are now delivered by a different company and they are always late, if they even arrive at all.

Got so annoyed at not getting last week’s, I downloaded a copy to read, which was fine when I bought it, but, as I didn’t finish reading it that day, I thought as I paid for a downloaded copy, I could finish reading it the next day…..Nope, every time I try to turn the page it goes straight back to the subscription page……What a waste of time that was, so I have given up….If it gets delivered (finally!!) to the shop, fine, if not I certainly won’t be buying an online download again!!

On 1/4/2024 at 9:19 PM, mikebv said:

Get mine at local Tesco's..

Thursday morning every week..

The Royal Mail are not very good are they? 

No they are bloody not, my postman told me years ago when my star was late more weeks than on time that the problem was local sorting offices holding back mail that was clearly catalogues and magazines as they were not important, funnily enough I complained to my local RM manager and funnily enough the problem dramatically disappeared for a while.

But it always returns on a regular basis.

This ^^.  My Speedway Star was delivered reliable as when posted in a brown envelope, delays only started when they changed to clear wrappers, so many went missing, and often continues now they use the white wrap around.  I appreciate such changes were implemented to reduce costs though calls to Dave Fairbrother always result in a replacement, in a bown envelope, appearing the next day, lost issues remain lost....

Maybe there are 1000's of sorting office workers who secretly love Speedway..

Now they can see what is in the package they open it and read of on their breaks!!!

Maybe the BSP's should visit a few sorting offices...?:D

The Star is now delivered in a white paper envelope.

Mine is delivered by Royal Mail to my block of apartments, and almost always arrives on Thursdays except in BH weeks when it arrives on a Friday.

Can't complain at all.

• Like 1

Brown envelope this week as stated by a poster above.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Brown envelope this week as stated by a poster above.

white here

Posted (edited)

Just to clarify, the 'Star is delivered in an envelope of sorts, it's a largish sheet of paper folded over & stuck down along the side edges then the front flap stuck down so I guess technically it IS an envelope.  But couldn't complain if it arrived reasonably on time most weeks & if it saves the publisher's on the cost of delivery & postage, which small business owning friends tell me is rapidly becomming one of their biggest expenses.  My copy arrived Saturday this week, tho to be fair we are getting any post only 2 or 3 times a week....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

Still waiting for last weeks edition, not the publishers fault but not helping the customers by poor postal service.