British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Redcar BSN SF 1st leg 17th May

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Brilliant result for Redcar. However looking at their home scores so far, 53 vs Berwick, 49 vs Scunthorpe & 49 vs Birmingham. It's certainly not over on aggregate.

It's far from over. Poole in with a decent shot still. The way most of their riders, go round the Ecco arena, they could win this leg.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

A lot of riders say it can be quite narrow going into bend 3. Maybe refs need to take this into account in future meetings? 

If Poole have a long term future at Wimborne Road, and if the greyhound racing has ceased, can the safety fence be moved out by a few meters to create a better race track? 

• Like 1

if you listened to DK interview on the track walk he said going into bend 3 there is a slight camber and if you end up over that it will drag you towards the fence Steve could have backed off but left it too late and tried to lay  the bike down  

Redcar were excellent makes the second leg interesting.BSN coverage while the pictures are good it lacks any sound of an atmosphere in the stadium,bikes roaring etc as though the microphones are only switched on for the commentators I may be being fussy but spoils it for me,any thoughts or should we be grateful we can watch live speedway ?

5 minutes ago, Essex said:

Redcar were excellent makes the second leg interesting.BSN coverage while the pictures are good it lacks any sound of an atmosphere in the stadium,bikes roaring etc as though the microphones are only switched on for the commentators I may be being fussy but spoils it for me,any thoughts or should we be grateful we can watch live speedway ?

I guess that's what you get when broadcasting from the back ofa van!? Not a criticism as I think they generally do a great job, despite some of the commentary!;)

Incidentally I see for Saturdays return Lewi Kerr is guesting for Riss.

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, pvm said:

If Poole have a long term future at Wimborne Road, and if the greyhound racing has ceased, can the safety fence be moved out by a few meters to create a better race track? 

Good point! Hadn't thought of that. I guess that depends on the council and we would pay for it, so depends on costing? Etc. But considering we still sit on wooden benches in the grandstand, I am not sure! 

31 minutes ago, Essex said:

I do prefer the Poole stream as links in with track presenter and see what is going on in the pits more. 

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is he not the Darts Champ that supports Poole.

Yes and also does commentating and presenting on the Poole stream.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gavan said:

Great battling performance from Redcar against a full strength Poole side …. Apart from King and Wright only Edwards won a race and then only got 2 more from 5 other rides….. Get the guest right at Redcar and with Worrall and the reserves struggling Redcar against the odds can win this 

Lewis Kerr announced as Guest

Great result for the Bears under the circumstances but let's remember that Poole won both their matches at the EA last year and whilst we came from 8 behind in 2021 to win, it was by only 6 points. Couldn't be set up better for Saturday night.

27 minutes ago, Boothers said:

Great result for the Bears under the circumstances but let's remember that Poole won both their matches at the EA last year and whilst we came from 8 behind in 2021 to win, it was by only 6 points. Couldn't be set up better for Saturday night.

Could be a close run thing.Good guest for Bears,if Edwards has good meeting fancy Bears to scrape through.

• Like 1

Poole struggling so bladed the dirt off in the interval but they don’t doctor the track apparently.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I guess that's what you get when broadcasting from the back ofa van!? Not a criticism as I think they generally do a great job, despite some of the commentary!;)

Incidentally I see for Saturdays return Lewi Kerr is guesting for Riss.

Oh dear not good news for us.

3 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Poole struggling so bladed the dirt off in the interval but they don’t doctor the track apparently.

Yes unfortunately we struggled with the over watered track, so we bladed the track which helped. All tracks do what they can to help their own riders either before or during the meeting.

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes unfortunately we struggled with the over watered track, so we bladed the track which helped. All tracks do what they can to help their own riders either before or during the meeting.

But Paul fans say they don’t!