British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Scunny league 24th May

First home league meeting! :D

https://poole-speedway.com/fixtures-results/view/20230524-Poole-Pirates-v-Scunthorpe-Scorpions

Teams

Poole - 1 Steve Worrall (Capt) 2 Anders Rowe 3 Ben Cook 4 Zach Cook 5 Richard Lawson 6 Kyle Newman 7 Adam Roynon Team manager Neil Middleditch

Scunthorpe - 1 Ryan Douglas 2 Rider Replacement for Michael Palm-Toft 3 Simon Lambert (Capt) 4 Max Clegg 5 Jake Allen 6 Nathan Ablitt 7 Connor Mountain Team manager Rob Godfrey

Interesting line up switch for Scunny. Good idea to do r/r at 2. Means Dougy is in H8!! 

Edited by lisa-colette

Wow that 3 and 4 partnership for Scunny bet that's scared the pirates be looking for an excuse to call it off or praying for Rain i reckon :rofl:

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately can only see a hammering for Scunny

That’s a fairly weak lineup there. Douglas is good at Poole and Mountain at reserve should bang in a few points, but struggling to see how Scunthorpe can keep this one close. 

thought and was hoping the league would be more competitive this yr but it certainly isnt, im afraid  ignoring the stalwarts who are delighted with every win many are finding it pretty boring ,not a good business model.certainly not matt fords fault the league is so bad,many promoters appear totally incapable of building a competitive team.( cant wait for glasgow to visit)For the occasional supporter weds is a "give it a miss meeting"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

60 plus scoreline looks good for the pirates 

Makes for a boring meeting, hope when we come down we will make for an exciting meeting

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Makes for a boring meeting, hope when we come down we will make for an exciting meeting

Doesn't mean the racing will be boring, especially if Scunny gate. 

Oh and it will never be boring when Glasgow have Harris, Vissing and Basso! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, poole keith said:

thought and was hoping the league would be more competitive this yr but it certainly isnt, im afraid  ignoring the stalwarts who are delighted with every win many are finding it pretty boring ,not a good business model.certainly not matt fords fault the league is so bad,many promoters appear totally incapable of building a competitive team.( cant wait for glasgow to visit)For the occasional supporter weds is a "give it a miss meeting"

Maybe Poole are working with a bigger budget than some club.

3 minutes ago, eric i said:

They moved down to save money, so I doubt it. Although the sponsors that Poole have might be attractive for riders. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

A budget they earn by being successful 

Which means they get good support and sponsorship 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

A budget they earn by being successful 

Which means they get good support and sponsorship 

No doubt, I believe they run the club well and make a profit/don't lose money like some clubs. It seems odd though to move down a league and complain other teams can't build a stronger enough side.

So to coincide with the start of Poole's Championship League programme, 'PiratecastLive' returns on YouTube live at 7pm this Thursday, 25th May.

Special guest will be Pirate sensation Ben Cook, so join Lee and Ben LIVE at 7 with your questions and comments for Ben Cook.

It’s not going to be a 60+ scoreline. I remember fans saying we would rip Plymouth a new one and it was 45-45. Pirates should win this with relative ease but 51-39 is more realistic.

And staying away as meetings are too easy brings about clubs folding. As Poole are one of the strongest, if you don’t support them against teams like Scunthorpe, you will only go one or two times a season!

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eric i said:

No doubt, I believe they run the club well and make a profit/don't lose money like some clubs. It seems odd though to move down a league and complain other teams can't build a stronger enough side.

The other Clubs keep voting too weaken the League though,that’s their fault that they can’t build strong Teams