British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Scunny league 24th May

@lisa-colette I'd take a stab be an SGP qualifier, think they start this weekend.

And unless I'm reading fim website wrong I think bomber is involved in them too.

2nd thought could he be guesting for Tom whose in lonigo this weekend I believe?

Edited by Jaizer

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I assume you mean these two @hagonshocker . I just roll my eyes at it now. I think most Poole fans do as well, we are well used to it! 

That's the ones LCG!!! Drive me mad and I don't even have any allegiance to any teams any more!! 

• Like 2

David James is no Poole Fan. He’s just an annoyance. 

• Like 2

Third time at Poole this year. Meeting as reported above, but who was doing the centre green presentation last night. Could hear every word for a change. Normal bloke is usually a bit muffled.

55 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Third time at Poole this year. Meeting as reported above, but who was doing the centre green presentation last night. Could hear every word for a change. Normal bloke is usually a bit muffled.

Rob Dyer was centregreen last night. Nigel Leahy had a last minute family issue to deal with. I guess it depends where you are in the stadium. In the centre of the grandstand Rob was very clear but also very LOUD!!;) Nigel is usually spot on.

Edited by Skidder1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Would have though Tom and Glasgow would want the practice as he isn't great at Poole. 

The rest will get enough.!

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

That's the ones LCG!!! Drive me mad and I don't even have any allegiance to any teams any more!! 

David James is in Devon and hardly - if ever - comes to Wimborne Road! He's been blocked on several social platforms and 'ignored' on others. Its one of the reasons I don't do twitter.

As for Steve Worrall, he's had some sickly engines and a sickly body lately. He'll be fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Be quicker if you just said ;)

Yeah. I have had debates with both especially over the Ablitt comments last season as I am not comfortable with anyone under the age of 23ish getting comments like that on SM, unless it is constructive. But I have decided to just let it go now, they are allowed their opinion and one of them goes to a hell of a lot of away meetings, he loves it at Glasgow. 

Most of the people on here saying last night we should have kept Danny aren't Poole fans though. I know FB has been vocal over the winter about he thinks it is the wrong decision but his is definitely not hate, just prefers Danny I think. 

I have been watching Danny King race for a  very long time and he is a genuine nice guy who always races fairly and I would have him back in my team in a heartbeat, unfortunately I don't make those decisions . Most at Poole would say much the same about Steve Worrall but the trouble with Steve is, it seems he has a tendency to be a bit arrogant which isn't a trait I particularly like, like the other day when interviewed on BSN and said about our trophy cabinet being full and we will need another one, it is just that type of comment I don't like even if it was tongue in cheek but of course while he rides for my team he has my full support. I am not worried about any of our team who doesn't win races they probably should at this time of year as long as come good later in the year so. I am sure Steve will sort out his inconsistent form and get back to the form we know he is capable of.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am sure Steve will sort out his inconsistent form and get back to the form we know he is capable of.

Isn't that the definition of being inconsistent which over the years he has been really? I'm not a Poole fan and nothing against Steve but I know who'd I prefer to have as a No1/ heat leader.....

Don't think he particularly like being no.1 either Stevie, sure he's said in the past he prefers number 3. I'd imagine if/ when Richard goes to no.1 will see an improvement 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I really don't understand all of this hate for Steve? Aye, he might not be going through a good patch at the minute but he's still a hell of a rider on his day, he has experience on all of the tracks, he's the captain and who the hell else are ya gonna bring in on that average who will do better?

He's doing good for Wolverhampton and this is probably the lowest his form has been for years in the Championship... He'll come good and start riding like the Steve of last year again I'm sure of it... Poole has an incredibly strong side right the way through the 1-7 so I don't think they should worry too much about his slight lack of form as of late.

From his days at Newcastle he was one of the leagues best and I was gutted to see him leave, I would have had him as my number 1 every single time.

I don’t think it’s hate to me the Pirates this year we’re set up as a team and the top man was either Stevie Worrall or Danny King to spearhead the Pirates this is we’re the fans don’t like it as Danny King if he misses the gate is away and chasing the opposition riders were as Stevie Worrall is classed as an old adage is “A Gating Tart “

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I have been watching Danny King race for a  very long time and he is a genuine nice guy who always races fairly and I would have him back in my team in a heartbeat, unfortunately I don't make those decisions . Most at Poole would say much the same about Steve Worrall but the trouble with Steve is, it seems he has a tendency to be a bit arrogant which isn't a trait I particularly like, like the other day when interviewed on BSN and said about our trophy cabinet being full and we will need another one, it is just that type of comment I don't like even if it was tongue in cheek but of course while he rides for my team he has my full support. I am not worried about any of our team who doesn't win races they probably should at this time of year as long as come good later in the year so. I am sure Steve will sort out his inconsistent form and get back to the form we know he is capable of.

I actually don't think Steve is arrogant but us soft southerners can't cope with his or anyone north's bluntness

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

@lisa-colette I'd take a stab be an SGP qualifier, think they start this weekend.

And unless I'm reading fim website wrong I think bomber is involved in them too.

2nd thought could he be guesting for Tom whose in lonigo this weekend I believe?

Okay, thanks! 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

The rest will get enough.!

Find out in July! Prob best to put Basso at 5 at Poole though. 

13 minutes ago, weatherman said:

I actually don't think Steve is arrogant but us soft southerners can't cope with his or anyone north's bluntness

Speak for yourself, I'm fine with it. Though @Gazc is another level, but just about got used to that one! :D

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1