British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford vs Poole KOC SF 1st leg 30th May

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Very good meeting tonight and they way Poole fought back when 8 down was pretty impressive. Considering 13 and 15 had Nicholls, unbeaten at that point, and Sam Masters off 1 and 3 in both, the pirates could have been looking to pull back up to 16 points in the return. But Worrall produced a great ride in heat 13 and Lawson got ahead of Masters for a surprise 2-4 to dent Oxfords hopes and in heat 14 ripped out any realistic chance with a 1-5 to go two up. Nicholls and Masters gated to win the meeting for Oxford in heat 15 but Poole had negated the risk and it would be a major upset if Pirates don’t go through to the final.

Ref Durno excelled himself though in heat 9 allowing a clear and obvious flyer for Kerr. The whole stadium saw it but the ref turned a blind eye. Poor show. 

Special mention for Kyle Newman with his paid 13. Going to miss his scoring prowess when he swaps with Rowe.

Kerr only gated third in Heat 9, so couldn't have been much of a flier ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Kerr only gated third in Heat 9, so couldn't have been much of a flier 

He was off gate 4 and clearly moved. You were stood with Alan who said to me after the meeting he couldn’t believe Kerr got away with that one. Check your specs!

2 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Kerr only gated third in Heat 9, so couldn't have been much of a flier ;) 

Come on , he said the whole stadium saw it, got to be true lol

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He was off gate 4 and clearly moved. You were stood with Alan who said to me after the meeting he couldn’t believe Kerr got away with that one. Check your specs!

I was also standing with Rob and Alan (what's the collective noun? A scribble of programme columnists? A witter? A drivel?) and I'm siding with Alan on this one

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ah, so you've now changed from a "flyer" to "clearly moved". Kerr didn't get a "flyer" because he was only third in the first bend, whether he moved or not.

The ref quite often will let it go if the rider who moved didn't get an advantage. I assume you weren't too bothered about it being stopped until Kerr somehow squeezed between Lawson and the back straight fence to move from 3rd to 1st.

And, of course, Lawson definitely didn't move last night, did he?  Or Worrall?  It's clear you only see the movement that you want to see ;) 

He rolled Rob. Big time. Everyone saw it, including yourself. If he hadn’t rolled, he wouldn’t have had the advantage to take the lead. Should have been called back. Why do you think all the Poole fans were making such a racket about it after the heat? And we had a better view of it than yourself. If it was rolls reversed you would have been incensed.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He rolled Rob. Big time. Everyone saw it, including yourself. If he hadn’t rolled, he wouldn’t have had the advantage to take the lead. Should have been called back. Why do you think all the Poole fans were making such a racket about it after the heat? And we had a better view of it than yourself. If it was rolls reversed you would have been incensed.

Great pun Steve! :D

Riders get away with rollers all the time, Kerr got away with one but it wont affect the overall result, we should all be very happy with a two point deficit but Kyle Newman cant rescue us in every meeting so Anders and Adam need to step up.

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Riders get away with rollers all the time, Kerr got away with one but it wont affect the overall result, we should all be very happy with a two point deficit but Kyle Newman cant rescue us in every meeting so Anders and Adam need to step up.

I thought that they had brought in transponders to spot that?

19 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I think unless my memory isn't playing tricks that they become compulsory sometime in june, so riders had time to get them sorted. Maybe thats PL only and CL and NDL have longer to get set up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

transponders won’t detect if a rider moves before tapes they just give lap times and who passes the line first 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1