British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flipper11

Kent Royals license revoked!

11 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Wembley Lion,

Don't waste your time/bandwidth writing to Jim Lawrence. Have done in the past and not even received an acknowledgement of my email.

I think all speedway fans will view the SCB/BSPL decision to suspend/ fine one of its own members  with the contempt it deserves.

The hogwash spouted about "insurance" seems a thinly veiled excuse to try and prevent more clubs migrating to the NORA speedway organisation.

Brings back memories of1964/1965 and the Shawcross Report

Key dates are in he attached file.

1965timeline.pdf

Has anyone had a reply

To be honest whilst the actions were despisably petty it has only had a positive effect on the Nora operations and gained a lot of support and interest from across the sport. Ultimately all publicity is good publicity and i hope it has not only strengthened the resolve of those involved but also tempted more to join the ranks.

• Like 8

On 5/31/2023 at 9:08 AM, barrybishop said:

Hi Geoff, this isnt correct, Nora must have an airfence for speedway. However, the Younglions did stage a training camp under the direction of the SCB at Macron without an airfence, so I am not really sure any longer on the SCBs stance of track safety. The same can be said of the mini track at Scunthorpe and I believe the Berwick training track, neither have air fences.

Berwick's training track DOES have an airfence

3 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Berwick's training track DOES have an airfence

Barry  Bishop has already replied to Binman who also pointed that fact out to him.

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Are Kent Speedway still in business?  Have they lost their track licence? Last home meeting I have found was on 17th May 3 weeks ago. 

All gone awfully quiet.

Next home match 18 June vs Belle Vue

26 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Next home match 18 June vs Belle Vue

That is Ridiculous and 1 away match in that time

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

That is Ridiculous and 1 away match in that time

That's next Sunday! This time last season Kent had ridden one home league match and two away, there were two home league matches in July, August and September. So far this season they've ridden one at home and three away. They have one home meeting next week,  two in July, two in August and one in September. There are only 8 teams in the NDL so meeting are spread out throughout the season.

There was an amateur meeting today, and last week would have been the second NORA meeting but that was cancelled.

• Like 3

Thanks. Good to hear they are still alive and racing despite being threatened with loss of track licence..

Sadly not much "track time" for the youngsters in the NL  ?  One home meeting in 5 weeks.   

1 hour ago, Come on the Skipper said:

That's next Sunday! This time last season Kent had ridden one home league match and two away, there were two home league matches in July, August and September. So far this season they've ridden one at home and three away. They have one home meeting next week,  two in July, two in August and one in September. There are only 8 teams in the NDL so meeting are spread out throughout the season.

There was an amateur meeting today, and last week would have been the second NORA meeting but that was cancelled.

Not enough fixtures for sure, Workington have staged 4 Home NDL fixtures out of the 7  scheduled. Only leaves 3 for the rest of the season and one of them is on June 24th.

• Like 1

I notice there was a benefit meeting for speedway fan Jessica Young today, does anyone know what the meeting was run under?

32 minutes ago, Matt Davis said:

I notice there was a benefit meeting for speedway fan Jessica Young today, does anyone know what the meeting was run under?

It was run under a Nora92 Motorsport Permit issued to Sittingbourne Speedway, as stated in the programme. It was a mixture of uprights, laydowns, 125/150cc youth and 250cc youth. and mainly amateur and unattached riders. The only rider I am aware of who is currently riding in a team was Rhys Naylor.

It was the first meeting of this type that I've attended.

9 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Not enough fixtures for sure, Workington have staged 4 Home NDL fixtures out of the 7  scheduled. Only leaves 3 for the rest of the season and one of them is on June 24th.

I don't think there's a pairs or 4s either, surely 1 of the events could of been staged 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Come on the Skipper said:

It was run under a Nora92 Motorsport Permit issued to Sittingbourne Speedway, as stated in the programme. It was a mixture of uprights, laydowns, 125/150cc youth and 250cc youth. and mainly amateur and unattached riders. The only rider I am aware of who is currently riding in a team was Rhys Naylor.

It was the first meeting of this type that I've attended.

I don't want to get my big wooden spoon out, but wasn't one of the competitors a member of the SCB committee ?

3 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I don't want to get my big wooden spoon out, but wasn't one of the competitors a member of the SCB committee ?

Indeed, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to condemn him. Riders are self-employed after all.