British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v OXFORD (Championship) Saturday 17th - 7pm

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Rory pulled out of Wolves meeting tonight. So might be a doubt for this one? 

Hopefully Rory is fit for Saturday but plenty options for a guest if not

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

No harm in trying something new. Perhaps the plan is for Berwick to have a strong heat one & give the rest of the lads a lift? Won't work against Oxford I'm guessing though.

Certainly gives Berwick a strong top two, my only issue is that arguably our best rider will have had all his programmed rides by Ht10, after which he will have to wait till Ht15 to have another race.

9 hours ago, screm said:

Certainly gives Berwick a strong top two, my only issue is that arguably our best rider will have had all his programmed rides by Ht10, after which he will have to wait till Ht15 to have another race.

Definitely.  think your 2 best rider should be at 5 .But interesting  change.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Definitely.  think your 2 best rider should be at 5 .But interesting  change.

At home Leon should be riding 5 imo. Probably best rider round shielfield feels taking a step back riding at 2. Tom B been riding 5 mostly for 2 years now seeing the benefit double figures last 4 meetings

• Like 1

Gary Flint steps away due to personal reasons!! Little and Courtney to fill the void.

Edited by Skidder1

Any news about Rory for Saturday?

• Like 1

I fear another home defeat. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Gary Flint steps away due to personal reasons!! Little and Courtney to fill the void.

Different team manager, different ideas?

When I was going every week with my dad, Berwick had Adrian and Marcin at 1 and 2. Also had Ricky and David Bellego at 1 and 2.

Has worked before having 2 heatleaders at 1 and 2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monarchs2468 said:

It's all guesswork of course but what is the liklihood of R/R for Rory tomorrow instead of a guest?

R/R has never worked well for us over the years, if Rory is unfit there are a number of good options provided they are available as possible guests.

44 minutes ago, Monarchs2468 said:

It's all guesswork of course but what is the liklihood of R/R for Rory tomorrow instead of a guest?

As per we'll find out at 7pm on Saturday never mind there's free parking 

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2023 at 9:24 PM, Fromafar said:

Agree Jye and Leon were not a good pairing.I think Jye would have been better at 2.Leon wasted at 2 IMO.

Jye in heat one is not a good move, injured his shoulder the last two years in heat one

17 hours ago, Jaizer said:

At home Leon should be riding 5 imo. Probably best rider round shielfield feels taking a step back riding at 2. Tom B been riding 5 mostly for 2 years now seeing the benefit double figures last 4 meetings

Maybe Berwick have outfoxed Oxford, as Berwick look stronger in heats 12 & 14, but not really any weaker in heat 8 with Flint?

26 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Jye in heat one is not a good move, injured his shoulder the last two years in heat one

Jye can fall any heat.!!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Maybe Berwick have outfoxed Oxford, as Berwick look stronger in heats 12 & 14, but not really any weaker in heat 8 with Flint?

But 5-1s to Oxford in 1, 5 and 11?