British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Scunthorpe v Plymouth

Something seriously needs to be done now, it’s not funny anymore people are spending there hard earned cash watching these blokes it’s not fair on the paying public, the one highlight tonight is young Ben doubling his average with 4 .every team has one strong reserve but it looks like the reserve we thought would be the stronger isnt and that’s heaping pressure on a young kid trying to make his way some of that top 5 need to look at themselves as they are scoring points in a higher league.

Cant quite put my finger on what is wrong with the gladiators at the moment, none of these lads go out to lose, after all nil points mean nil money BUT and its a big BUT something seriously needs to be done, there doesnt seem to be any team spirit, sadly lacking atmosphere, the loss of Joe didn't help but lately it just seems to be pay your money, watch a few processional heats and thats it, just my opinion obviously but the footfall has decreased dramatically long gone are the days you had to get there early to get your space

3 hours ago, Devil said:

Cant quite put my finger on what is wrong with the gladiators at the moment, none of these lads go out to lose, after all nil points mean nil money BUT and its a big BUT something seriously needs to be done, there doesnt seem to be any team spirit, sadly lacking atmosphere, the loss of Joe didn't help but lately it just seems to be pay your money, watch a few processional heats and thats it, just my opinion obviously but the footfall has decreased dramatically long gone are the days you had to get there early to get your space

Who is Joe? 

Going slightly sideways, which is what we do here, what did the crowd look like ?  I only ask as the Humber Bridge was closed due to an RTC til quite late, so travelling from Hull woulda meant a bit of a detour.  While not exactly 'via John O' Groats & Lands End' still a bit of a trek, but seriously, we (self and up to 6 mates) mostly only have a travel window of an hour or so from arriving back from work til start time so last nite was 'no go' for us.  Sigh, oh well....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

The Humber Bridge was opened up Southbound only about 6.00 - 6.30 ish & some of my friends arrived although it was closed for their return home.

10 hours ago, Devil said:

Nil point Nil money used to be a thing, not anymore, I think you will find most are on some sort of guarantee, especially the heat leaders, just a question of scale.

The days of riders only getting paid fuel and start money if they score nothing are long gone.

• Like 3

Officially no guarantees this year, but so easily got round by "sponsorship"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From what I was told by a certain person who is very high up I n Plymouth speedway a certain danish rider who is no longer at our team his guarantee was unbelievable last season and for what he done he certainly wasn’t worth it.

4 hours ago, weatherman said:

Officially no guarantees this year, but so easily got round by "sponsorship"

I thought that the rules put a limit on how much could be paid as a guarantee. 

Though how it would be policed I have no idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

From what I was told by a certain person who is very high up I n Plymouth speedway a certain danish rider who is no longer at our team his guarantee was unbelievable last season and for what he done he certainly wasn’t worth it.

Hans.

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

That was nothing compared to what they paid for  certain Aussie the previous year. 

• Like 1