British Speedway Forum
Fozzie4388

Wolves vs Kings Lynn

6 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Isn’t he supposed to be cleaning up this sort of mess? It’s a shambles of a situation. Kings Lynn look like morons for trying to claim Artem is injured, when clearly he isn’t. British Speedway management look like morons and so weak for not putting a stop to it, at risk of upsetting Buster…. Ask to see his flights that were booked (and now cancelled) to show he was actually meant to be coming. 

And you filter all the way back down the channels and the ones who ultimately end up suffering and being lied to is the fans. But who cares about them anyway?

Is he? I've seen no evidence he is responsible for anything other than the smooth running of TV meetings. I would assume application of rules surrounding facilities remains within Neil Vatcher's purview.

I ask, because seriously, I have no idea what Phil's job description is.

• Like 1

The whole situation is a farce! They wonder why they can't get fans through the turnstiles, well look no further than this. Surely there must be some sort of enquiry in to how a rider contracted to ride in a meeting in the UK and yet rode well in Poland on Sunday, can simply not turn up for his UK fixture? I assume he has a medical certificate which  I thought was required?

• Like 3

I understand there could be a couple of other tracks that Laguta is unlikely to be see at.

11 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Isn’t he supposed to be cleaning up this sort of mess? It’s a shambles of a situation. Kings Lynn look like morons for trying to claim Artem is injured, when clearly he isn’t. British Speedway management look like morons and so weak for not putting a stop to it, at risk of upsetting Buster…. Ask to see his flights that were booked (and now cancelled) to show he was actually meant to be coming. 

And you filter all the way back down the channels and the ones who ultimately end up suffering and being lied to is the fans. But who cares about them anyway?

I am sure Phil will sort it...

This may be the sixth or seventh time so far I have used this response so going to copy and then paste it to save time in future ..:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bagpuss said:

So Harris for Laguta and Morris for MPT. 

My enthusiasm has finally eroded down to zero. Don't tell us fibs about injuries, if Laguta can't be afforded or Wroclaw don't want him riding here or at Monmore then tell us the truth. 

The club needs a massive overhaul in the winter, a brand new approach from top to bottom and running at a level we can prosper at whatever that is. No wonder crowds are dismal. 

Replace the word "club" in your final paragraph with "sport"...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

My enthusiasm has finally eroded down to zero. Don't tell us fibs about injuries, if Laguta can't be afforded or Wroclaw don't want him riding here or at Monmore then tell us the truth. 

The club needs a massive overhaul in the winter, a brand new approach from top to bottom and running at a level we can prosper at whatever that is. No wonder crowds are dismal. 

I would have thought if they told the truth, they wouldn't be granted a facility and you'd have a junior at number 1... which is no good to anybody. I'll grant you that they've probably tied themselves up in rules of their own making

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Is he? I've seen no evidence he is responsible for anything other than the smooth running of TV meetings. I would assume application of rules surrounding facilities remains within Neil Vatcher's purview.

To bring integrity and credibility I seem to remember were some of his aims...

:D:D:D

I aim to become an astronaut by the end of the year too...

Be interesting to see which one of us gets closest...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe Woffy had a word with Laguta and said there's no way your going to get round monmore lol.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

I would have thought if they told the truth, they wouldn't be granted a facility and you'd have a junior at number 1... which is no good to anybody. I'll grant you that they've probably tied themselves up in rules of their own making

If they told the truth they would get a facility for Laguta with holding his services… and probably have abit of sympathy from their own fans for being honest. Outright lying with a sentence that “Laguta is injured, so Chris Harris guests” is utter b0ll0cks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Surprised it’s taken this long for your enthusiasm to be at zero - mine been there since that ill-fated night Holder and Batch gate night .I was done after that night  and if anything the sport has become an even bigger farce since that night .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

If they told the truth they would get a facility for Laguta with holding his services… and probably have abit of sympathy from their own fans for being honest. Outright lying with a sentence that “Laguta is injured, so Chris Harris guests” is utter b0ll0cks.

would he not get a ban for withholding his services?

14 minutes ago, arnieg said:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/premiership/morris-appointed-premiership-ceo/

Former rider and manager Morris, who will continue as FIM Race Director at Grand Prix and World Cup events, takes on the newly created position with the responsibility of overseeing all aspects of Premiership business.

47-year-old Morris will be a major decision-maker at the top of the Premiership, both in terms of rulebook interpretation and race-night operations, and the specifics of his role also include an active involvement in the running of televised meetings.

————

So, implementing and interpretation of the rules and all aspects of Premiership business. Yep, I think this shambles falls under that umbrella. 

• Like 2

Must admit, I am a bit disappointed by the response of some on here..

No one seems concerned as to Artem's welfare in all of this..

Get well soon Artem...

#prayforartem....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, iainb said:

would he not get a ban for withholding his services?

Yes and rightly so - as believe it or not, he is withholding his services!