British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IronScorpion

Woofy returns in 2024

Woffinden knows his World Championship hopes are over and his SGP days numbered, so he needs a couple of seasons or so with an easy pay night. The British league will do that, he just needs a daft club to give him the daft money.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, screm said:

Woffinden knows his World Championship hopes are over and his SGP days numbered, so he needs a couple of seasons or so with an easy pay night. The British league will do that, he just needs a daft club to give him the daft money.

Spot on, has not wanted to know this country the last few years, not even bothered with the British final for god knows how long, now he wants to top up his pension pot...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TINYS said:

Will he only do home meetings.

Cannot stop him or anybody else for that matter , if the trend  has been set by Lynn with Laguta 

Edited by scoobydoo

2 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

He will end up at the track closest to his home.

Would the Lions want/need him though?

9 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

It was good enough for Mauger!!:party:

Almost.  He had then Exeter promoter Peter Oakes change the Falcons race nite from Monday to Friday, that sealed the deal :D.  Not Barry Briggs, Anders Michanek, Ole Olsen, etc, etc could believe Ivan & Oakesy managed it, many still can't to this day :D.  Good news for British Speedway tho if Tai does return....

Edited by martinmauger
Woffy added, spelling

If Wolves don't run it would be interesting. 

I wonder as he's done a few GB meetings there if he might be the focal point of Glasgows long mooted step up? 

He's done coaching for GB Academy at Leicester and close to 2 Airports and his home base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

If Wolves don't run it would be interesting. 

I wonder as he's done a few GB meetings there if he might be the focal point of Glasgows long mooted step up? 

He's done coaching for GB Academy at Leicester and close to 2 Airports and his home base. 

Personally I think he may end up at Oxford with Sam if we not riding next year.

• Like 1

It's a shame he's considering coming back because of travel issues to Sweden rather than missing riding in the UK.

• Like 2

Woffinden is definitely on the downward slope, knows he’s been left behind at world level now and will need a ‘pick’ is he’s to continue in SGP (Monster Joe will be pleading his case to keep their sponsored riders in the competition), he’s simply using the UK as an easy option, if he came in on an 8 (ish) average I can see him maintaining that, he’d be well behind the likes of Doyle, Sayfutdinov, Bewley, Kurtz, Holder, Musielak, Fricke to name a few in the averages.  Gone are the days when he’ll add numbers to the gate 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 4BM said:

.  Gone are the days when he’ll add numbers to the gate 

Gone are the days when there will be any gates to add to

17 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I'm indifferent to this, never warmed to him and of course it's now that it suits him

Me too, when he was in his pomp and world champion he could have done so much for the sport in this country, he had the image to connect with the younger generations and create media headlines. Of course he was nowhere to be seen and now sees the UK as a top up to his pension pot now his star has waned. Compare to Jason Doyles loyalty to speedway in this country,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Surely Belle Vue

No Thanks

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's a shame he's considering coming back because of travel issues to Sweden rather than missing riding in the UK.

Does it really matter? Who cares. You could say Emil is only here cos he’s not in the GP’s. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Me too, when he was in his pomp and world champion he could have done so much for the sport in this country, he had the image to connect with the younger generations and create media headlines. Of course he was nowhere to be seen and now sees the UK as a top up to his pension pot now his star has waned. Compare to Jason Doyles loyalty to speedway in this country,

To be fair... look at the clowns he has to deal with over here :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 2