British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Perhaps it should renamed the Commonwealth Final and you could have Doyle and few other decent riders in the line up and likewise the Australian Championships could invite a few Brits. Hold it at a weekend when the Poles are not racing and you might get an improved attendance. As it is only track locals locals a few waifs and strays from other tracks will make it on a weekday night. Devalue the product by attendance and race day and you have the best they can come up with. Says all about those in charge.

They could easily run a Commonwealth Final in addition and after the British Final, with the top eight Brits qualifying for that, and race against top Aussies and maybe one Kiwi or so, just like it used to be when it was a round of the World Championship.

• Like 2

Richie worrall pulls out. Announced by himself on BSN. 

says he won’t do it till it’s multiple rounds. They didn’t even ask him to do it. Only assumed. 

28 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

says he won’t do it till it’s multiple rounds. They didn’t even ask him to do it. Only assumed. 

Will Woofy take his place?

• Like 1

Just now, RS50 said:

I’d suspect Danyon hulme will as he was next in line. 

but hopefully Woffy 

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

I’d suspect Danyon hulme will as he was next in line. 

but hopefully Woffy 

Woffy would be better for ticket sales, and Eurosport viewing figures.

3 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Woffy would be better for ticket sales, and Eurosport viewing figures.

Ticket sales look very good so far but Woffy will add to them for sure 

29 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Doesn't deserve a place

Has shunned British Speedway and the British Final for many years

He can't expect to and should not be be prioritised over the next on the list as it stood before his return 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Absolutely pathetic by Worrall, he's become a right whinger recently.  He's simply not good enough so he's quit.  

• Like 4

So we're happy for top foreigners to start making a return to our shores, but when Woffy shows some intent on returning, we say he's not worthy. Think on people, we don't have too many top riders on which we can pin a Union Flag. Woffy is doing a bloody good job for Sheffield and there is a very good chance he will be riding here full time next year. He's still box office and I for one want to see him up against Dan and all the others, competing for the British Championship.
If you don't agree, don't tune in.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Talk about entitled. Does he really think that the views of a top league second string and lower league third ranked heat leader will make the sports authorities change what has been for donkey’s years a one off event, albeit some years had qualifiers? And why leave it until four days before the event to make his grand gesture?

The days of vast numbers turning out regularly for individual events are long gone so he must either be making too much money to be in need of an extra pay day or else has something else on and is trying to weasel out of this commitment in a way that masks the reality - he’s letting Leicester and Plymouth supporters down. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Absolutely pathetic by Worrall, he's become a right whinger recently.  He's simply not good enough so he's quit.  

Was listening to him on the podcast a week or so ago and a couple of times he described himself as a "Winner"... could have been Whinger though I suppose and I mis-heard :D

7 hours ago, False dawn said:

So we're happy for top foreigners to start making a return to our shores, but when Woffy shows some intent on returning, we say he's not worthy. Think on people, we don't have too many top riders on which we can pin a Union Flag. Woffy is doing a bloody good job for Sheffield and there is a very good chance he will be riding here full time next year. He's still box office and I for one want to see him up against Dan and all the others, competing for the British Championship.

Love him or hate him, he certainly put many more bums on Sheffield seats last Thursday and there was a real buzz about the place

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If he’s worried about not beating Bewley he hasn’t beaten him anywhere since 2018 at Poole! 

One has kicked on just a little and one has gone backwards. If there were qualifiers he’d probably moan he wasn’t in one at Leicester!

Is Hume the best choice? Why isn’t the u21 champ automatically in it? Especially when Schlien is.

5 minutes ago, DJC said:

If he’s worried about not beating Bewley he hasn’t beaten him anywhere since 2018 at Poole! 

One has kicked on just a little and one has gone backwards. If there were qualifiers he’d probably moan he wasn’t in one at Leicester!

Is Hume the best choice? Why isn’t the u21 champ automatically in it? Especially when Schlien is.

Done on 1 August green sheets (Prem) I believe. But it does seem unreasonable that the under 21 champion doesn't get a place.

• Like 1

Belle vue is the national speedway stadium ,and the best track in the country ,so the final is probably in the right place Sadly the sport has evolved in such a way that lightweight riders benefit more, unlike" back in the day" when riders built like briggo were world champions , there's not much we can do about that. 

If the British final could be run on a Saturday night so more fans could travel I'm sure it would be better attended .

As for u21 winner,I think the reward should be a place in the British final, with a total of maybe 8 seeded and the rest from semi finals,to give more riders a chance of pulling off a shock

9 hours ago, False dawn said:

He is certainly worthy of a place and a very welcome addition to the league - that doesn't mean he should bypass the set qualification criteria 

1 hour ago, castrolargh said:

Belle vue is the national speedway stadium ,and the best track in the country ,so the final is probably in the right place Sadly the sport has evolved in such a way that lightweight riders benefit more, unlike" back in the day" when riders built like briggo were world champions , there's not much we can do about that. 

If the British final could be run on a Saturday night so more fans could travel I'm sure it would be better attended .

As for u21 winner,I think the reward should be a place in the British final, with a total of maybe 8 seeded and the rest from semi finals,to give more riders a chance of pulling off a shock

Lots of sense in there but unfortunately that isn't the set criteria meaning Woffinden and Bailey are not the next in line