British Speedway Forum
StarBoy

King's Lynn Vs Sheffield 06.07.23

51 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Artem/ Klindt 21 between them, TJ/ Barker/ Kye 10,  reserves 6 maybe? I can't see us getting anymore than 37

AL - 13 (6)

NK - 7 (5)

TJ - 5 (4)

KT - 3 (4)

BB - 0 (3)

SL - 5 (5)

AR - 2 (3)

KL total - 35

Will Laguta be available -_-

23 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The No1's over the last couple of decades havent usually missed the home matches...

Strangely, no clashes with any overseas or FIM commitments..

On the other hand...

Away matches have quite often been a bit of different story.....;)

We seemed in good form for half a meeting yesterday.. Holder gone 2 meetings unbeaten at KL I do believe so far can he make it 3/3 against Laguta and in form Klindt? I don’t think he will. 

Pickering and Kerr to wheelie together in heat 15 just to rub salt in the wounds 

52-38 away win 

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

AL - 13 (6)

NK - 7 (5)

TJ - 5 (4)

KT - 3 (4)

BB - 0 (3)

SL - 5 (5)

AR - 2 (3)

KL total - 35

We’re not far out.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

He will be there.

3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

0-0-0-3 or whatever race Klindt goes in, for MPT rides as only he is able to take a ride now. Still, that's 3 more than Barker will get. There's plenty of riders in the Championship available...we took a chance on Kye, why not do it again with another one? I'd rather see an actual declared 1-7 than use guests week in week out

Wow, your'e really on the negative stuff aren't you?

Come and have a chat with me after the meeting on Thursday and I'll try and help to balance your opinion. No tricks at all but I need to understand why you are battering King's Lynn so vehemently.

It's no good us announcing a signing until we have secured contractual obligations and fulfilled legal criteria.

I get it that it hasn't been a brilliant season but whilst we are working to improve it give us a break ffs!

No guarantees but we're working on it

• Like 7

Firstly, let me say that I count Dave Hoggart as a good friend so I am slightly biased. Secondly, after being critical on the pages of this forum (in my opinion, both reasonably and with full justification) I have had some very hostile and aggressive - and even abusive and threatening - responses from promoters, team managers and riders both on here and in person.  I have long said that speedway's PR and the way it treats its paying customers often leave a great deal to be desired. 

Some years ago and as a result of comments made about Sheffield , Hoggy invited the diehard Tigers fan Spin King and I for a chat. I went along with some reservation given past experiences but Dave was as accommodating as he could be about the situation at the club. He couldn't tell us everything, but went as far as possible. Take it from me,  it was an enlightening experience and gave us both a better understanding of what was actually happening. I have no doubt that Spinny would agree.

As I understand it, Hoggy has responded to a request from Keith Chapman to help out at King's Lynn although he had, to my knowledge, been out of the sport for some years. 

Most of my time watching speedway was as a neutral but, having supported clubs, I know how frustrating and annoying it can be when they are performing badly. Usually, however, there are circumstances why that is the case of which the ordinary paying punter is unaware.

In the post above, Hoggy has requested that any Stars fan see him after Thursday's meeting and he will try to give some insight as to what precisely is going on - clearly, the club and team are in a difficult position following the departure of the former promoter. My advice is to take the opportunity to speak to Hoggy if you can. I'm sure you won't hear everything you might want to hear, but he is entirely approachable and reasonable and you will get some idea of the present situation. If you are very lucky, he might even buy you a beer.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just noticed this meeting is on being streamed on British Speedway Network bet Buster doing a rain dance or pit gate malfunction 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hoggy said:

Come and have a chat with me after the meeting on Thursday and I'll try and help to balance your opinion. No tricks at all but I need to understand why you are battering King's Lynn so vehemently.

It's no good us announcing a signing until we have secured contractual obligations and fulfilled legal criteria.

I get it that it hasn't been a brilliant season but whilst we are working to improve it give us a break ffs!

Unfortunately, since 2018 it has what myself and all Lynn fans it's what we have had to become accustom too. 

Every year their is optimism, but year after year by the end of May our season is effectively over. 

I don't know if there is stuff going on behind the scenes as we don't get to see/hear that stuff, but you can't tell that we've had 5 years of continuous bad luck.

It's just sad to see this great club not even being competitive year-in-year-out. If the money isn't there, drop down a league. I'd much rather see a competitive team in the Championship, then be a whipping boy of the Premiership. I think a lot of fans would agree with me on that one!

I would just like the club to be more open, and transparent with us the loyal, paying fans. We are the lifeblood of speedway and without us, there is no speedway. 

Just put news out there that you're trying to make changes, seems like the club is operating all cryptic and in riddles. If, for whatever reason you don't manage to pull off a signing, let us know, at least we'll have some justification that you've took the initiative and tried to make improvements. 

• Like 3

Hope the weather is ok tomorrow and everyone gets to see a meeting with some good racing and no one gets injured 

let us know how you get on meeting Mr Hoggart 

9 hours ago, Hoggy said:

Hang on a second, if you're willingly accepting conversation with regards the goings on trackside (which is a good thing by the way), why not just say now on the forum?

Of course, you'll probably get some s#!t for it but why not be open & honest with all, rather than one? 

This is all every fans wants in the first place. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Hang on a second, if you're willingly accepting conversation with regards the goings on trackside (which is a good thing by the way), why not just say now on the forum?

Of course, you'll probably get some s#!t for it but why not be open & honest with all, rather than one? 

This is all every fans wants in the first place. 

Perhaps because Dave agreed to help out an old friend at a difficult time, filling a clearly defined role, not to be the receptacle for all of King's Lynn's fans anger, despondency, hate and despair.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Perhaps because Dave agreed to help out an old friend at a difficult time, filling a clearly defined role, not to be the receptacle for all of King's Lynn's fans anger, despondency, hate and despair.

Quite.

The problem with this forum is - and Daniel said that himself - is that there are a lot of idiots who can't wait to stick the boot in whatever Hoggy (or any other promoter or team manager for that matter) might say or do. 

Aside from the fact that Dave may not wish to disclose everything in such a public arena, he shouldn't be asked to set himself up as a focal point for those who have nothing better to do than bash him, Keith Chapman and King's Lynn Stars.

On the other hand, there are a lot of genuine and long term Stars supporters - my old mate Bagpuss for a start - who only want the best for the team and the club. That doesn't preclude them from being critical, but it also means they are likely to listen to what Hoggy has to say, especially given the fact that he is, as I said before, entirely approachable and reasonable. It is for that reason that I believe they should take him up on his offer to engage - and surely it is better to do so face to face.

I somehow can't see those who are completely negative doing that, as they are far happier sitting behind keyboards.  

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2023 at 10:46 PM, Hoggy said:

I never understand this part though - why can’t teams say we are in the process of dealing with a certain rider and offers have been made. That is all part of communicating and updating your paying and loyal fan base who are currently fed up. Sometimes you don’t need to name the rider but help your paying customers understand what is going on on a regular basis - not coming to meet me after a meeting for a one on one chat! Time and time again teams get basic communication wrong when it is actually really simple in this day and age. People just want to be kept in the loop and not hearing silence!

• Thanks 2