British Speedway Forum
lbw

Glasgow (28) vs (62) PIRATES BSN Final 2nd leg 21st July

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Aah my stalker has resurfaced, what a surprise?!

ps. Lewy, any truth in the whisper that D.Thompson is not signing for your team?

You could be right,apparently replacing anders rowe at Poole. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Yet here you are again on a Poole thread!! Were you banned for 6 weeks?:rolleyes:

He actually comment on Poole earlier anyway. 

44 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It's always the latter with dear old Skidder.

I'm sure he'll remember 2009 when Poole were shyte, finished one from bottom and their crowds were awful. 

Still way more than what Lynn get now though. Skidder puts money into the club, he can say what he wants. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I think he’s trying to make a point. Most Glasgow fans have been bleating on about how they’d rather have exciting racing at Ashfield than worry about winning silverware….so why wouldn’t they turn up to watch the ‘exciting racing’? 

'Most' Glasgow fans don't bother with speedway forums. There's probably less than 30 on this one and yes some of them would rather watch good exciting racing than win trophies. The majority of Glasgow fans are like most fans they want to see their team win at home. The difference at Glasgow is that they also get good exciting racing as a bonus. Most fans also realise that not every team can win trophies and teams that win  trophies don't always attract big crowds. The Ford's model works for Poole and they are very good at it. For example, they signed  and kept 2 of the best gaters in the league who are also apparently very good at  manipulating their averages. Unfortunately their success also results in them attracting sad people that can't help spout nonsense and who enjoy trolling, 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

'Most' Glasgow fans don't bother with speedway forums. There's probably less than 30 on this one and yes some of them would rather watch good exciting racing than win trophies. The majority of Glasgow fans are like most fans they want to see their team win at home. The difference at Glasgow is that they also get good exciting racing as a bonus. Most fans also realise that not every team can win trophies and teams that win  trophies don't always attract big crowds. The Ford's model works for Poole and they are very good at it. For example, they signed  and kept 2 of the best gaters in the league who are also apparently very good at  manipulating their averages. Unfortunately their success also results in them attracting sad people that can't help spout nonsense and who enjoy trolling, 

I was only young at the time but my memory of 93/94 glory days was racing wasn't the best, teams showed up beaten and crowds went down. Success didn't increase crowd levels for us. Same in 2011, although racing was better but crowds dwindled as the season went on

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I mean you could've waited until we got turned over by Redcar this week before gloating :D. Thank the lord I'm up north next 2 weekends lol

speaking of gloating , i remember  a certain Glasgow fan gloating on this forum a few years ago  that when they were took over , money was not a problem ahd Glasgow had 2nd strings in their team that would be heatleaders in the workington team . funny int it , how workington won the treble in 2018 with 2nd strings that rode like heatleaders .

now thats gloating .  good luck in the 2nd leg . you deserve some form of silverware  in the cabinet .. even if its a silver spoon to stir things up !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

speaking of gloating , i remember  a certain Glasgow fan gloating on this forum a few years ago  that when they were took over , money was not a problem ahd Glasgow had 2nd strings in their team that would be heatleaders in the workington team . funny int it , how workington won the treble in 2018 with 2nd strings that rode like heatleaders .

now thats gloating .  good luck in the 2nd leg . you deserve some form of silverware  in the cabinet .. even if its a silver spoon to stir things up !

Do you lot talk about anything else but 2018? Worse than Celtic fans and 1967. Yeah you made history then were history, what a thing to celebrate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

We don't have any trolls at Poole.  We may have one or two odd posters, but I've never witnessed any trolling from us like the trolling we receive!

Poole is without doubt the most trolled club in speedway.  Success obviously breeds contempt.

Personally I prefer to block the major trollers as I refuse to give them airtime, however fellow Pirates supporters are free to do as they wish and respond to whom they wish.  That's the whole point of a forum my dear fellow.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lewy said:

You could be right,apparently replacing anders rowe at Poole. 

Wishful thinking there...I suggest you look a lot closer to home regarding rider replacements as a few of yours are currently utter pap!

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

We don't have any trolls at Poole.  We may have one or two odd posters, but I've never witnessed any trolling from us like the trolling we receive!

Poole is without doubt the most trolled club in speedway.  Success obviously breeds contempt.

Personally I prefer to block the major trollers as I refuse to give them airtime, however fellow Pirates supporters are free to do as they wish and respond to whom they wish.  That's the whole point of a forum my dear fellow.

Oh the irony. You disappeared for months after trolling a certain rider.

7 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Hmmmm, not sure you can claim that. You know all the constant gloating is a form of trolling right? While I agree Poole are probably the most trolled club, there are certain individuals that bring that on. I can't deny Poole's success is impressive, but there are quite a few fans who like to make sure everybody knows about it.... a lot.

20 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Surely one of the all time classic posts pmsl

• Haha 1

I watched the meeting back last night on BSN. Yes, it was the utter trouncing I saw at the stadium. Track was very good, except for a rut which was quickly dealt with on the first bend. Racing wise it was dull, as Poole were completely dominant. From the start to the finish. 

An unfortunate emergency in the crowd gave the track staff to make the track ultra perfect, and the Glasgow team plenty of time to make all the adjustments they needed to get back into the meeting. They completely failed and it had absolutely nothing to do with changing setups. It was all to do with rider mentality and who wanted it. One team wanted it far, far more than the other and were operating at a completely different level. It had nothing to do with the race track. Once Poole were in front, they left Glasgow in their wake. Glasgow fans and others who were cheering on the Tigers moaned and groaned but they need look no further than the body language of the Glasgow team and manager. Beaten before a wheel had turned.

For Poole fans there’s the old saying. When you’re Winning, you’re Grinning! 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

:rofl:  :lol:

• Like 1