British Speedway Forum
lbw

Glasgow (28) vs (62) PIRATES BSN Final 2nd leg 21st July

52 minutes ago, StevePark said:

And how many of those are financially killing themselves by doing so?

Also some (mentioning no names) still see the "need" to run Double Headers and (in my opinion) overcharge for the "privilege" of attending them and then have no fixtures in the next few weeks.

Certainly don’t know how it pays.Double Headers are also killing the sport.Streaming obviously helps a lot of Clubs nowadays but you can’t beat “live “ speedway.

Poole have a team of gaters barring Cook and Newman

They set the track up to give them the best opportunity and most of the time whoever gates at Poole wins

Glasgow have a team full of racers and riders like Basso and Harris will be a joy to watch on a racetrack that gives them the opportunity to race not like at Poole where if they try and pass they go backwards 

You can’t moan at Poole for making the track that way and signing the riders to help them utilise the home advantage 

What other fans moan about is the blinkered vision of the Poole fans who say the track is great when clearly it is set up for their team of gaters 

At Ipswich I think 90% of our fans know we don’t have the best track but we admit that unlike the Poole fans 

I often hope Doyle and Emil miss the gate because the racing is awesome watching these two try and come through and sometimes they don’t but often I don’t mind them getting beat if the race has been good like the home meeting against Wolves was a 1-5 in heat 15 but the race was fantastic 

So come on blue tints …. You are the best team in the league and you built on your track being a gaters paradise and building a team of gaters ….nothing wrong in that sobwhuvyoubacnt admit it is beyond me 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

What other fans moan about is the blinkered vision of the Poole fans who say the track is great when clearly it is set up for their team of gaters 

The best comment from the Blue Rinse Brigade was:

"That was Men Vs Boys"

Must take a real set of balls to have "trick up your sleeve starts" and play follow the leader for four laps.

I'll take the "throw it round the boards girlies" anytime

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

They set the track up to give them the best opportunity and most of the time whoever gates at Poole wins

Glasgow have a team full of racers and riders like Basso and Harris will be a joy to watch on a racetrack that gives them the opportunity to race not like at Poole where if they try and pass they go backwards 

You can’t moan at Poole for making the track that way and signing the riders to help them utilise the home advantage 

At Ipswich I think 90% of our fans know we don’t have the best track but we admit that unlike the Poole fans 

I often hope Doyle and Emil miss the gate because the racing is awesome watching these two try and come through and sometimes they don’t but often I don’t mind them getting beat if the race has been good like the home meeting against Wolves was a 1-5 in heat 15 but the race was fantastic 

So come on blue tints …. You are the best team in the league and you built on your track being a gaters paradise and building a team of gaters ….nothing wrong in that sobwhuvyoubacnt admit it is beyond me 

What's the relevance of the Ippo track to this topic? And just out of interest which Cook do you reckon isn't a gater? Incidentally when were you last at Poole in the past few seasons, as you seem to think you know as much about Poole as you think you know about Ippo?! Or are you just back to your trolling ways when Poole were winning everything in the Elite League?

Edited by Skidder1

Someone wake me up when Glasgow fans stop moaning! :blink: Don't see Redcar moaning about it when they were down do you? They were laughing and joking around most of the meeting and they actually know how to gate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I have said countless times Poole is a slick track and not going to change. Lakeside and Rye House were the same. Not all tracks can cope with being grippy. Also Polish tracks are known for being slick as well.

What do people want? A bit more grip on the inside? Well the track staff have tried that before and the Poole riders just tell them to take it off. So that's out. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Someone wake me up when Glasgow fans stop moaning! :blink: Don't see Redcar moaning about it when they were down do you? They were laughing and joking around most of the meeting and they actually know how to gate. 

They also had Danny King riding for them, who knows the tricks of Poole, enjoy all the trophies, best team won, Glasgow can't gate, if you ever came up to Ashfield you would see that we cant gate there either, maybe an odd one, but on the whole we have to come from behind, which makes for exciting racing

I would rather you stayed asleep.

• Haha 6

There's a difference between stating facts and moaning.

Richie Lawson is probably my favourite rider in the entire league, I mean the guy looks like Jesus and races like a champ.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

While the play-offs, especially finals can bring in big crowds, which I why they're here to stay. How many fans pick & choose their matches throughout the year as they are less important, especially for clubs guaranteed to be in the top 6?

We'll never know but it's possible the play-off system lowers attendances during the season?

I would say 100% it does...

My next meetings will be the two play off finals...

(If the Aces get there)....

38 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I would say 100% it does...

My next meetings will be the two play off finals...

(If the Aces get there)....

What's that got to do with the BSN final 2nd leg? Asking for a friend.......

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You have friends.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Discussions develop on threads, that's how the forum works. 

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Discussions develop on threads, that's how the forum works. 

Yeh I used to love rab c nesbitt he was from glasgow right

2 hours ago, Weeyin said:

if you ever came up to Ashfield you would see that we cant gate there either, maybe an odd one, but on the whole we have to come from behind, which makes for exciting racing

Don't be inviting more Poole fans to Ashfield, the poor first aiders will be rushed  off their feet reviving them from the sheer shock of seeing passing.

• Haha 1