British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar CL 7/7/23 @7-30

7 hours ago, MD said:

Unfortunately you need to hug the white line at speed during the opening batch of heats at Ashfield which isn't Lee's forte. Another challenging night coming up.

Chris Harris disagrees with this statement 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilentLurker said:

Yep Bomber was on it from the start tonight showing multiple passing lines are alive and well.

Brilliant meeting between the 2 teams, both going for it in every race, we do make life difficult when we can't gate, but makes for some exciting racing, scoreline doesn't convey how close it was at times

Cracking meeting tonight, same as last time Redcar were at Ashfield. I was really impressed with Ace tonight. It may not show in his points total but he's coming along really well. 

• Like 5

Can we just take a minute to appreciate Mr Harris. There were quite a few people on here, myself included who were less than impressed when it was rumoured he would be coming back. The guy has been absolutely superb for us on and off the track this season :t:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

I meant Complin not the team!

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Now who is a dog with a bone :D

Actually not every heat though, as at least two had FTG on updates :o

There were four heats with no passes.

8 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Don't tell Alexa I mean Lisa lol thoroughly enjoyed that meeting Lees shoulder popped out when his chain snapped and paramedics popped it back in so I believe 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Don't tell Alexa I mean Lisa lol thoroughly enjoyed that meeting Lees shoulder popped out when his chain snapped and paramedics popped it back in so I believe 

Yeah, he was chatting next to me after the meeting and didn't seem too bothered about it.

35 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I demand a Refund!!

Danyon was great to watch around Ashfield both of his visits this year, really wished we'd kept him,

Bomber going round the boards in heat one passing both riders turning a 1-5 to a 3-3 was something to behold.

Ace did Very well again.

Marcin really needed an extra point or two especially in heat 8.

Claus was outstanding battling with Erik in heat 14 was brilliant.

Danny going through the tapes in 13 pretty much sealed the meeting but still edge of the seat stuff from heat 1-15.

I feel the Oxford meeting will be just as tight. So look forward to that.

• Like 1

Well done to tigers good meeting & much needed win but its sad to see Lee continue to struggle ndl is his level he's a cracking guy but his position in team is at great risk now & marcin as well he's lacking speed for me & not scoring enough points no 2 is a tough position tho but him & Lee will cost tigers a shot at title , young ace is improving & on a 2 he's doing enough & will continue to get better 

7 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

Well done to tigers good meeting & much needed win but its sad to see Lee continue to struggle ndl is his level he's a cracking guy but his position in team is at great risk now & marcin as well he's lacking speed for me & not scoring enough points no 2 is a tough position tho but him & Lee will cost tigers a shot at title , young ace is improving & on a 2 he's doing enough & will continue to get better 

Agreed, have a look of the video on the tigers Facebook and you'll see how left behind he was in heat 1.

Granted Danyon is maybe a stronger number 2 but in heat 8 he should've definitely had the beating of Edwards.

Heat 10, was the first time I've seen him with his elbows out to repass Bailey, but he should be doing that in every heat. Definitely shouldve had 1 point extra minimum tonight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

On the "costing the title" part I think we'd need more than a swap at 2 and 6 to get anywhere close.

50 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Danyon was great to watch around Ashfield both of his visits this year, really wished we'd kept him,

Who would he have replaced though? Both second strings had lower averages & Glasgow were very keen on their top 3. He was unlucky to lose him team spot, but don't know who'd they'd have swapped round to keep him in?