Edited by iainb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Out of interest who was the ref? 

According to the Speedway Updates site it was Matthew Ware

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Until Dickson or Brum say anything, we not going to know for sure.

Out of interest who was the ref? 

According to updates it was Matthew Ware, not a name I am familiar with.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

Probably because his name is Matthew WEAR !!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Technik said:

It's of no concern as to what has been or will be found in the sample taken. The rider refused to take a second test so is guilty by failing to comply with any/all of the process the result is he will be deemed to have provided a positive sample & should receive the maximum penalty (2 year ban) the same as Steve Boxall in the past

I wasn’t aware he had failed to give a second sample and just to make it clear I am not defending him at all - just waiting for the excuses. I have absolutely no respect for any rider that gets on a bike under the influence, they are not only putting themselves and other riders at risk they are also risking the safety of everyone (marshalls/medics etc.) on the centre green.

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

No, me either. I was just wondering if it was one of the more established ones such as Durno or Turnball? But I guess either or both could have been at Oxford or Poole last night. 

I think when a rider gives a test that is inconclusive they are invited to give a second sample, they can refuse but this will be recorded and they will be deemed to have refused the test resulting them being removed from the meeting. 

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No, me either. I was just wondering if it was one of the more established ones such as Durno or Turnball? But I guess either or both could have been at Oxford or Poole last night. 

It makes no difference who the referee was. The random drugs tests are carried out by different people & sometimes even the referee is unaware that the drugs testers are attending the meeting they are due to referee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Debbi said:

I wasn’t aware he had failed to give a second sample and just to make it clear I am not defending him at all - just waiting for the excuses. I have absolutely no respect for any rider that gets on a bike under the influence, they are not only putting themselves and other riders at risk they are also risking the safety of everyone (marshalls/medics etc.) on the centre green.

And sadly the ruling bodies  to forget all to easily certain riders past misdemeanours and still treat them like heros rather than cheats

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

David Watters at Oxford and Simon Smith at Poole.

• Thanks 1

So we are nearly 17/18 hours after the alleged incident happened - and we have still heard nothing. That is poor to say the least.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Najjer said:

So we are nearly 17/18 hours after the alleged incident happened - and we have still heard nothing. That is poor to say the least.

Comment from Birmingham CEO Nigel Tolley "We understand the frustration and disappointment of the supporters – we share that right now and we will update everyone on the situation with Nick as and when we can.”

Both on BSPL report and Birmingham Speedway website report.

13 minutes ago, Najjer said:

No word of a refund for last night's cr** stream either. Piss poor. Expected better from this current Birmingham promotion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Comment from Birmingham CEO Nigel Tolley "We understand the frustration and disappointment of the supporters – we share that right now and we will update everyone on the situation with Nick as and when we can.”

Both on BSPL report and Birmingham Speedway website report.

Which is equal to nothing - no explanation at all.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

David Watters at Oxford and Simon Smith at Poole.

Smith and Chris Gay at Poole.