British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford vs Edinburgh - Champ - 12/6

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

If an away team is looking to avoid a drubbing, then it makes sense for "guaranteed" points, don't understand why riders like Nicholls or Laguta are used in heat 8?

It was always great when a team declared a 'star rider' in heat 8 expecting to get "guaranteed" points only to get beaten much to the delight of usually the home crowd!

• Like 1

And back to tonight another good meeting special mention for Jordan,Cameron and Henry also for Craig Cook great pass in heat 13.

Good crowd great racing what’s not to like

• Like 1

I think it will be a little while before I see a better race than last nights Ht 13, no quarter given or asked for.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Technik said:

I think it will be a little while before I see a better race than last nights Ht 13, no quarter given or asked for.

Pleases me to read that the Cowley track still encourages good racing...was always one of the better tracks in my opinion even though the present one is of a different shape and length. I've been sent some footage of action at Cowley and am looking forward in viewing same.

Edited by steve roberts

4 hours ago, Technik said:

Seem to be getting these regularly this season at Oxford long may it continue

1 minute ago, Toady said:

Seem to be getting these regularly this season at Oxford long may it continue

Overall both the last two meetings were fairly average but lifted by a couple of exceptional races (hts 11 & 13 with Schlein v Berwick, and heats 7[Nicholls team riding to keep Pickering out] and 13 last night)

• Like 1

Are the Ox still getting big crowds as last season, especially as they're top of the league?. Also do you have to book grandstand seats for the night? Coming up from Swoinedown for a couple of meetings.

10 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Are the Ox still getting big crowds as last season, especially as they're top of the league?. Also do you have to book grandstand seats for the night? Coming up from Swoinedown for a couple of meetings.

I know you're 90 and probably forget things, but I'm sure I've answered this grandstand question multiple times now. You don't have to (or rather can't) book grandstand tickets. It's first come, first served. You can, of course, book a spot in the restaurant if that floats your boat.

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

I know you're 90 and probably forget things, but I'm sure I've answered this grandstand question multiple times now. You don't have to (or rather can't) book grandstand tickets. It's first come, first served. You can, of course, book a spot in the restaurant if that floats your boat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

So it's a water-themed restaurant:D

The team riding and awareness of Scott Nicholls in heat 7 had to be seen to be believed, getting the much slower Heeps over the line for a 5:1 over Pickering, inside, outside, continually looking, ride of this season and many others, sublime stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hilly said:

The team riding and awareness of Scott Nicholls in heat 7 had to be seen to be believed, getting the much slower Heeps over the line for a 5:1 over Pickering, inside, outside, continually looking, ride of this season and many others, sublime stuff. 

Team Riding is one of the great spectacles in team speedway in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hilly said:

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Team Riding is one of the great spectacles in team speedway in my opinion.

You don't see much team riding these days, so it's even more special when it happens now.

• Like 1

The team riding in heat 7 was superb, but they clearly learned from their mistakes. Nicholls and Heeps tried to do exactly the same thing to Schlein the week before in heat 11 and it went horribly wrong. Two points lost on that occasion. Fair play to them for giving it another go, though.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

You don't see much team riding these days, so it's even more special when it happens now.

Shane Parker was best I'd ever seen at it, way he sheparded round guys like cockle, ksiezak, etc who were far slower was a piece of genius. Of course most of the time cockle fell off at the last bend anyway but least he tried lol

• Like 1