British Speedway Forum

After last night's "outcome" and last year with Ben Barker, we only ever hear about tests when a rider "fails" Apart from these 2 random tests  I as wondering how many other drug tests are carried out each year? 

Could be random 2 riders every meeting?

Or maybe track gets visited once a month? 

Or maybe just once  a year? 

Like I said we have heard now of 2 tests and 2 failures, maybe they not random after all? 

13 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

After last night's "outcome" and last year with Ben Barker, we only ever hear about tests when a rider "fails" Apart from these 2 random tests  I as wondering how many other drug tests are carried out each year? 

Could be random 2 riders every meeting?

Or maybe track gets visited once a month? 

Or maybe just once  a year? 

Like I said we have heard now of 2 tests and 2 failures, maybe they not random after all? 

The SCB statement says "Birmingham Rider Nick Morris was one of the four riders randomly selected."

Full statement here SCB STATEMENT: NICK MORRIS - Thursday, July 13, 2023 (britishspeedway.co.uk)

Presumably this is under the control of the UKAD, that way there's no carpets around for these incidents to be swept under, refusing a test should carry a more severe penalty than a positive test, refusal is just a way of trying to wriggle out when caught, no sympathy whatsoever, only exception should be if the rider is blind and cannot read the banned substance list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Skid said:

only exception should be if the rider is blind and cannot read the banned substance list.

I'm pretty sure visually impaired athletes also have to abide by a banned substance list, probably provided in Braille... but I take your point

• Haha 1

As it was a refusal we don't know what it is

Perhaps someone saw a vodka bottle in his bag

Who knows.......

25 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Think it's about time the crowd were randomly drug tested 

Add some Promoters into that category.IMO

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Add some Promoters into that category.IMO

And referee's

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Think it's about time the crowd were randomly drug tested 

Knowing the average age of the crowd, probably most of them will be on drugs. Mind you, they will have a doctor's prescription for them.:D

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2023 at 5:22 PM, SharpenRake said:

The SCB statement says "Birmingham Rider Nick Morris was one of the four riders randomly selected."

Full statement here SCB STATEMENT: NICK MORRIS - Thursday, July 13, 2023 (britishspeedway.co.uk)

In an effort to be as transparent as possible, I wonder why we only hear about the ones who have failed to complete the process as opposed to those who pass with flying colours?

• Like 2

On 7/14/2023 at 11:57 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As it was a refusal we don't know what it is

i think you're only half right there

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

In an effort to be as transparent as possible, I wonder why we only hear about the ones who have failed to complete the process as opposed to those who pass with flying colours?

I would assume because those who pass with flying colours aren’t deemed to have done anything suspect/wrong. It isn’t just a “Speedway” thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

I would assume because those who pass with flying colours aren’t deemed to have done anything suspect/wrong. It isn’t just a “Speedway” thing.

I’m not saying it is a speedway thing - but the point I’m making is we are quick to judge the ones who done wrong, but why not let us know about the ones who done right aswell? 

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I’m not saying it is a speedway thing - but the point I’m making is we are quick to judge the ones who done wrong, but why not let us know about the ones who done right aswell? 

Because we would be deluged with SCB press releases saying rider x tested negative for drugs and rider y has a legal sized engine. Neither of these are newsworthy

• Like 4