British Speedway Forum
Lenny Lion

Leicester vs Kings Lynn 17/7/23

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

A shame Leicester couldn't mow their centre green for the meeting.

If my memory serves me right I think it does get a short back and sides if the meeting is being televised or streamed.

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

Wonder if Buster will get the middle of Lynn’s track jet washed before their next visit from Eurosport.

A roadsweeper would be ideal :D

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A roadsweeper would be ideal :D

Thought buster had got a roadsweeper to clean the middle up after stock cars? Like they did at Coventry. 

So can Stewart Dickson "work a miracle" and coax Batchelor into producing consistent points? If he can average 5.5 I think it will be a big achievement. I see this as a similar situation to Proctor in 2019.

Of course it's ultimately down to Batchelor, but Stewart does have the opportunity of working on him up to 4 times per week. I think Leicester's chances of success in the playoffs now hinge on this

52 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Thought buster had got a roadsweeper to clean the middle up after stock cars? Like they did at Coventry. 

Yeah he has, not a full size one though. About ride on lawn mower size..

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 hours ago, StarBoy said:

I wouldn't say waste of money, I would say expensive luxury which can't be afforded when money is stretched and a bigger points return could be generated by having 2 riders instead of one.

He's a very different rider in the UK compared to Poland. Here if he doesn't hit the start he doesn't want to know, but in Poland he will ride every inch of the track for 4 laps. 

That's because those tracks are easier to ride

18 minutes ago, Big Al said:

So can Stewart Dickson "work a miracle" and coax Batchelor into producing consistent points? If he can average 5.5 I think it will be a big achievement. I see this as a similar situation to Proctor in 2019.

Of course it's ultimately down to Batchelor, but Stewart does have the opportunity of working on him up to 4 times per week. I think Leicester's chances of success in the playoffs now hinge on this

I feel Batch will probably ride to his average - he will have great meetings once he settles in and score big - other times he will get 4-5 maybe less or so - that's what he did at Ipswich last year. On his day he can be very good - out of the gate quick and rides intelligently with partners, other times he will miss the gate and never look like he will get past!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

51 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Or Morris gets a recall - if he's available?

59 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I feel Batch will probably ride to his average - he will have great meetings once he settles in and score big - other times he will get 4-5 maybe less or so - that's what he did at Ipswich last year. On his day he can be very good - out of the gate quick and rides intelligently with partners, other times he will miss the gate and never look like he will get past!

Here's my worries:

2022 (Ipswich)

First 12 matches 60 rides 102 pts av 6.80

Last 8 matches 33 rides 32 points ave 3.88

2022 (Oxford)

Championship Away average 5.67 ( to be fair he was pretty decent at Oxford 9 double figure scores ( Inc bonus) in 11 matches)

34 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Ashley Morris?

I can't see Nick being available for some time

Edited by arnieg

33 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Was he there last night supporting his team mates does anybody know?

14 hours ago, StarBoy said:

I wouldn't say waste of money, I would say expensive luxury which can't be afforded when money is stretched and a bigger points return could be generated by having 2 riders instead of one.

He's a very different rider in the UK compared to Poland. Here if he doesn't hit the start he doesn't want to know, but in Poland he will ride every inch of the track for 4 laps. 

I’m not sure that’s strictly true. Laguta is and always has been the type of rider who is electric from the start and won’t be overtaken - it’s basically how he won his world title. He’s never going to be an all action from the back type rider over here as he isn’t even that in Poland. 

• Like 1

I can't see batch kicking on. I agree with some of the above comments. He looked poor last night. Way off the space. Hopefully SD can get a tune out of him but from what I saw last night I wasn't hopeful. Who else is out there? 

13 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

I can't see batch kicking on. I agree with some of the above comments. He looked poor last night. Way off the space. Hopefully SD can get a tune out of him but from what I saw last night I wasn't hopeful. Who else is out there? 

by my reckoning it's Nicholls, Cook, Batch or a "foreigner"... isn't there a transfer deadline soon? We're probably stuck with what we've got so need to hope Batch can get up to speed sooner rather than later

38 minutes ago, iainb said:

by my reckoning it's Nicholls, Cook, Batch or a "foreigner"... isn't there a transfer deadline soon? We're probably stuck with what we've got so need to hope Batch can get up to speed sooner rather than later

I continue to harbour the delusion that somehow Szymon Wozniak with his 5.8(?) average will somehow be allowed to return!

• Like 1