British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford vs Glasgow - Champ - 19/7

1 minute ago, SJA said:

Or you could secure the airfences to the fence behind them as they do at other tracks.

They are secured to the fence behind them, but they'd have to be secured with something extremely strong to not move under a -1.5g crash at 25 degrees, it would simply tear the air fence at the anchor points. Securing the fence is a moot point anyway, as the fence behind the air fence was also destroyed by the force of the impact (probably not visible on BSN, but I was stood right behind the accident)....the air fence and the fence it was secured to both moved towards the scene of the accident such was the power of the crash. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabbageman said:

I stand by my comment its 100pct correct the team at glasgow was a huge mistake I said to several people that team is not strong enough you need to have some speedway savvy knowing riders ceiling ie upping their average knowledge of tracks away & top end heat leaders versus top end similar away .. claus is good at home not as good away same for marcin so that's a fail there top 3 are ok but tom is weak at times & it shows still very young & learning the reserve berths were a total cock up nobody can tell me otherwise ...an aging guy too bulky on bike eratic & no speed lacking power bigbtime out game for a decade  utter madness & ace no idea of away tracks & way too inexperienced a 16yr old novice next year maybe yes ...if tigers put out a team to win the league they have a funny way of showing it ...I could build a better team & so could a lot of our fans before anybody jumps on me ...a bit of common sense is needed at ashfield its severely lacking ....or put it another way look at how other clubs build teams especially Neil middleditch at Poole look & learn or we will never win anything .....

Sometimes you talk sense and then other times not so much.

If you knew how a team was going to perform pre season then you'd be the richest TM in the league.

Oxford Gambled big time with two, two pointers, had Atkins and Kinsley struggled and not increased they're averages they would be in the big poo, with fans screaming "why did you gamble" there would be absolutely nothing they could do.

Henry Atkins putting 3+ points on his average in 2 1/2 months is more than Basso could do on his all last season, what that means is that a struggling Heeps is know the experience at 6. If they had Lewi fit at 3 I genuinely think they'd have a chance to push Poole for the trophy.

Glasgows Gamble was on Lee complin, Nobody else and if you look at the GSA he is the ONLY rider not performing. Had he  managed to do a fraction of what Henry has done (put two points on his average, bearing in mind he was racing against a lot of 2 pointers.) then if Nowak or Claus struggled, regardless we would've had a strong #6. 

The reality is he didn't and there's noone to replace him with. 2 seasons ago the club dropped Justin when he was struggling, do you think for one minute they are holding onto Lee because they think he can improve?

• Like 3

Scott Nichols is still Top Class in this League,everything is effortless and controlled

having a great season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Scott Nichols is still Top Class in this League,everything is effortless and controlled

having a great season.

...and his longevity is to be congratulated. A true servant to the sport he has graced for nearly thirty years now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

having a great season.

His performances in the premiership this season mirror that including whooping Emil and Doyle around Foxhall earlier in the year, so not just that league. 

• Like 4

Last home league match August 2nd v Scunthorpe. Saw there are a few Chargers matches next month as well.

29 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

having a great season.

I hope he doesn't even think of hanging his kevlars up in 2024.

10 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Last home league match August 2nd v Scunthorpe. Saw there are a few Chargers matches next month as well.

They've still got Plymouth at home as well, although no date for it yet as far as I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Sometimes you talk sense and then other times not so much.

If you knew how a team was going to perform pre season then you'd be the richest TM in the league.

Oxford Gambled big time with two, two pointers, had Atkins and Kinsley struggled and not increased they're averages they would be in the big poo, with fans screaming "why did you gamble" there would be absolutely nothing they could do.

Henry Atkins putting 3+ points on his average in 2 1/2 months is more than Basso could do on his all last season, what that means is that a struggling Heeps is know the experience at 6. If they had Lewi fit at 3 I genuinely think they'd have a chance to push Poole for the trophy.

Glasgows Gamble was on Lee complin, Nobody else and if you look at the GSA he is the ONLY rider not performing. Had he  managed to do a fraction of what Henry has done (put two points on his average, bearing in mind he was racing against a lot of 2 pointers.) then if Nowak or Claus struggled, regardless we would've had a strong #6. 

The reality is he didn't and there's noone to replace him with. 2 seasons ago the club dropped Justin when he was struggling, do you think for one minute they are holding onto Lee because they think he can improve?

Think Lee has been a major disappointment,it’s ok quoting averages to justify him ,but really Glasgow must have though he would have performed better against the leagues lesser riders in crucial heats.He is well past it.IMO.The gamble hasn’t paid of( so far ).

3 hours ago, Cabbageman said:

I stand by my comment its 100pct correct the team at glasgow was a huge mistake I said to several people that team is not strong enough you need to have some speedway savvy knowing riders ceiling ie upping their average knowledge of tracks away & top end heat leaders versus top end similar away .. claus is good at home not as good away same for marcin so that's a fail there top 3 are ok but tom is weak at times & it shows still very young & learning the reserve berths were a total cock up nobody can tell me otherwise ...an aging guy too bulky on bike eratic & no speed lacking power bigbtime out game for a decade  utter madness & ace no idea of away tracks & way too inexperienced a 16yr old novice next year maybe yes ...if tigers put out a team to win the league they have a funny way of showing it ...I could build a better team & so could a lot of our fans before anybody jumps on me ...a bit of common sense is needed at ashfield its severely lacking ....or put it another way look at how other clubs build teams especially Neil middleditch at Poole look & learn or we will never win anything .....

Just for clarification, its the Fords that do the Poole team building/contracts etc - not Middlo!  Middlo does all the rider motivation and 'on the day' tactical stuff for Home meetings, whilst Havvy does the same at most of the weekend away meetings!:t:

ps. have you heard of 'punctuation'?

pps, as for Cami's post meeting comments with Hayley on BSN, I thought they were replaying his comments from the Poole meeting!:rolleyes:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

They've still got Plymouth at home as well, although no date for it yet as far as I know.

Cheers, as Plymouth and Brum are so poor be too one-sided, whereas Scunthorpe are a pretty good side, ran Poole close down there. No away team has hit 40 in league at Ox so far. 

Yeah, Scott's really got it sorted this year, something's clicking that had been missing for a bit. It's great to see him doing well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SJA said:

Or you could secure the airfences to the fence behind them as they do at other tracks.

The rule book states this so every track has it secured to the fence behind. Not much good when the fence behind is destroyed too though!

• Like 1

O M G ...ragdoll is on at me again what a surprise the obsession with me is real with this one ...I'm not talking directly at you whoever you are so chill ok it's a forum if there's no opinions there's no point in a forum which you are on ....jesus wept never mind me ok jog on 

• Sad 1

Someone on here ( skidder ) thinks Neil middleditch hasnt got any input in team building at Poole & its all the fords really ...dear god in heaven I've heard it all now if u think that I really can't help you trust me neil has I've not got the time for stupidity like that jesus ....whoever said tigers can't get anyone to replace lee there is plenty of riders out there u just have to look & I don't mean just riders here on our doorstep ....monarchs werent happy boosh got a dane bastian borke just like that at least they tried  take note glasgow plenty of riders available in Scandinavia love to see emil breum here but no idea if we cud get him but that's the type of rider I mean or aussie tate zitchke these types would maybe elevate tigers to a challenging title team at present were not ... I have us 4th at present behind Poole Oxford Redcar