British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Leicester 20/07/23

You only have to look at the extra "incentives" promoters put on for TV matches to mitigate the fact that it's on TV and there will be long delays for those that attend... in over 20 years of TV coverage... except from the occasional reduction in admission by some clubs, nothing!

1 minute ago, iainb said:

You only have to look at the extra "incentives" promoters put on for TV matches to mitigate the fact that it's on TV and there will be long delays for those that attend... in over 20 years of TV coverage... except from the occasional reduction in admission by some clubs, nothing!

Think Lakeside used to do £10 admission for tv meetings- they could try £10 off if you buy a ticket for the next meeting at the same time or a free programme- guess the argument is die hards turn up what ever happens so don’t need to do incentives . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Think Lakeside used to do £10 admission for tv meetings- they could try £10 off if you buy a ticket for the next meeting at the same time or a free programme- guess the argument is die hards turn up what ever happens so don’t need to do incentives . 

I'd love to go to Peterborough on Monday as I've hardly been this year now Leicester fixtures have often clashed... but after experiencing the televised meeting at Leicester this year I'm just not going to do it, far too much hanging around with absolutely nothing going on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

What would you suggest?

4 minutes ago, SJA said:

What would you suggest?

I don't know... the obvious thing to do would be to have a large screen showing the broadcast with the audio piped through the PA system at the track

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iainb said:

A two hour advert for your business, and your plan is to make it look to any potential customers out there that you have hardly anyone interested in buying what you sell...

An amazing idea...

Get it on Dragon's Den or give Lord Sugar a bell...

They could tell his Lordship where he has been going wrong all these years...:D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

Hope Rooboy is ok after his "off" at oxford

It may well be RR tomorrow night now with Schlein pulling out tonight.The only other options for a guest would be Becker,S.Worrall or Douglas if any are available.Out of those 3 i would go for Worrall.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Yep R/R confirmed.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep R/R confirmed.

Mr Lambert and Mr Klindt will be having busy nights again. 14 rides between the pair of them (assuming Klindt takes a T/S if one is required)

On 7/19/2023 at 1:21 PM, Ben91 said:

While I hope Kings Lynn remain open the attitude of use it or lose it has to be eradicated from Speedway. In any other walk of life it would be seen as emotional blackmail. If you have a business you have to work to ensure customers return, not threaten them with closure if they don’t buy your product.

Precisely this. If they have stopped using the product already then they have either stopped caring or began to care less and less. They have to start getting fans to care again with a good product first and foremost.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mikebv said:

A two hour advert for your business, and your plan is to make it look to any potential customers out there that you have hardly anyone interested in buying what you sell...

An amazing idea...

Get it on Dragon's Den or give Lord Sugar a bell...

They could tell his Lordship where he has been going wrong all these years...:D

The thing that always jars me is when tracks with closed back straights are on TV. Especially when that isn’t explained. It literally looks like nobody can be bothered to go. 

Speaking of free advertising, what is being on TV worth to clubs? Yes, it is broad exposure on television but if the negatives outweigh the positives then again, with a business head on, it could be time to part ways. Take everything in house with BSN and build a video library that can be streamed as part of the subscription fee. 

On 7/19/2023 at 1:53 PM, iainb said:

I'd love to go to Peterborough on Monday as I've hardly been this year now Leicester fixtures have often clashed... but after experiencing the televised meeting at Leicester this year I'm just not going to do it, far too much hanging around with absolutely nothing going on.

I've said now that even if it's a home match I'm just going to watch it on the TV now. Can't be arsed with the waiting like you said. 

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

The thing that always jars me is when tracks with closed back straights are on TV. Especially when that isn’t explained. It literally looks like nobody can be bothered to go. 

Speaking of free advertising, what is being on TV worth to clubs? Yes, it is broad exposure on television but if the negatives outweigh the positives then again, with a business head on, it could be time to part ways. Take everything in house with BSN and build a video library that can be streamed as part of the subscription fee. 

The Aces should close the back straight for a TV meeting and let everyone in the Grandstand for the standing price..

Then fill the back straight with advertising "banners" for their main spnosors..

Wolves, Sheffield and Peterborough should do the same..

And, if not enough sponsors to make it look impactful  enough, then Eurosport and Discovery+ should have large advertising banners there..

Two major brands for Speedway to be seen to be attached to..

Given the camera shows the crowd level on the home straight so clearly, particularly at the Aces, then you would want the stand to look as full as possible..

Fill up from the front and leave rows empty at the back for the TV matches..

Unless of course you can fill it!!!

A big ask that though for a "play off qualifier"...

• Like 1

This is the slickest I think I have ever seen here tonight,and the racing is pretty rubbishe.