British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Odds On

Just Stop Oil

They could, but seeing as they are after causing chaos and even more, publicity, it doesn't seem likely that it is high on the agenda

One can only hope!

I've always wondered how they get to the events they disrupt. Hope they don't use car, train, bus etc.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RS50 said:

I've always wondered how they get to the events they disrupt. Hope they don't use car, train, bus etc.:)

Exactly!

35 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Magic flying carpets made from Hemp...:)

2 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Magic flying carpets made from Hemp...:)

Maybe they just float on all the hot air they come out with.:party:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

From what I've seen in the flesh and, speaking as I find, they arrived / left in big diesel & petrol cars & SUVs (Beemers, Mercs, Transits, etc), curiously parked out of sight....

• Like 1

Seems the German motorsport association have had a study done and found up to 80% of CO2 is caused by the fans. So speedway having very few fans are emmiting far less CO2 than other motorsports. Which is nice

https://www.dmsb.de/de/ueber-uns/leitbild-und-werte/nachhaltigkeit/file/288080

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 3

"I'll just step in front of these 4 motorbikes as they come round, I'm sure they'll apply their brakes"

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rusky said:

This made me smile....

You have no idea how close that came to happening in Grangemouth yesterday.  There were locals primed to go and that was when the police extended the blockade.  Would have been more fun if they had let the locals at them lol.  The only people impacted by what they did yesterday were contract workers.  Ineos workers who couldnt get into work were just sent home but will be paid.  Not all contractors - many of whom are on the construction/electrical side - have the same luxury

1 hour ago, rusky said:

This made me smile....

I like how they talk about the possibility, of having to call the fire brigade. Hope they don't mind their house burning down while the fire service walk to their house.:)

'Just Stop Oil' is nothing new! It started in speedway decades ago, when oil catchers became compulsory! :o

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 7:31 PM, Ray Stadia said:

'Just Stop Oil' is nothing new! It started in speedway decades ago, when oil catchers became compulsory! :o

This is true, also the 'enviromental mats' placed under each bike in the pits....