British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford vs Scunthorpe - Champ - 2/8

48 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Not being able to ride on the race days was a problem to

but they deffo want top league and do have the finances to be safe in top league. 

Yep, every Monday night there is currently an SIS greyhound meeting, so little hope for that to change.

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Yep, every Monday night there is currently an SIS greyhound meeting, so little hope for that to change.

Thought Oxford were going to ride Thurs in the Prem? Although most of them do that, so might have been a fixture headache! 

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Not being able to ride on the race days was a problem to. 

but they deffo want top league and do have the finances to be safe in top league. 

Big mistake in my view much better racing in championship with most of the premier riders partaking except the gp stars who most of the time are out of the gate and gone maybe a few years ago but not now in my opinion

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Not being able to ride on the race days was a problem to. 

I doubt Not being able to ride mondays or Thursdays was an issue. Speedway restarted long before the greyhounds did so they could've ridden any day they wished.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I doubt Not being able to ride mondays or Thursdays was an issue. Speedway restarted long before the greyhounds did so they could've ridden any day they wished.

Think the SIS contract was signed in June 2021 - long before the stadium itself even reopened.

42 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Hard to say.Obviously don’t know the make up of the soil after 1 1/2 seasons.Riders don’t help in  these situations nowadays ,safety is paramount will always be the winner though.

In the past the addition of granite has helped track preparation/drainage not sure if this is the case now?

18 hours ago, Toady said:

Fair enough move on and look forward to the next fixture One rain off is hardly the end of the world now is it 

Don’t think the rain off is the main source of the topic though.But these things happen nowadays.

Edited by Fromafar

8 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

It's primarily a greyhound stadium. So they decide when speedway can race, regardless of the dogs starting later. :cheers:

On 8/3/2023 at 8:01 AM, Bagpuss said:

Trying your upmost to get meetings on is commendable and I appreciate the being restricted to Wedneadays situation, but there is a reason clubs call meetings off early nowadays, its to give supporters clarity and prevent that nightmare situation where folk are standing on a terrace watching a tractor go round with little or no hope of racing. 

I would also say that having done it myself many times in the past, if you travel to a speedway meeting and the forecast isn't great then you know that risk when you decide to go. 

Safe to say they are not restricted to Weds!! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Fridays and Tuesdays - good Championship race days!!

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Trying hard to see if I recognise anyone in that image?

3 rain off's stop moaning we've had no speedway for 15 years we have all travelled to away meetings to be rained off the man worked his nuts off to try and get it on give him a break yes he could have called it off in the morning but then he would have still got stick when 6 pm came and the rain had passed feel for Scunthorpe supporters who travelled but like I said at the begining we had no speedway for 15 years this man is passionate and will try his best to get meetings on