British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Edinburgh Vs Poole 4th August

1 hour ago, spt82 said:

You want to watch an incident where someone was potentially seriously injured? That's all kinds of wrong!

Please do not try pretend that that overwhelming vast majority of people are not interested in this. The same applies when a crash occurs on the opposite side of the motorway and everybody starts rubbernecking to see the accident bringing the traffic to a near stand still as people simply cannot help themselves

If I posted a YouTube link to the incident right now I can guarantee 99 percent of this forum would be clicking it. No different than all the speedway crash videos having the most views online or the papers suddenly becoming interested in the sport when something like this happens. There is a difference though between being interested in seeing an incident for yourself and some of the absolute drivel that is posted on here which can be insensitive.

Best wishes to the camera operator and look forward to hearing about a full recovery.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I think we are next season sadly 

No chance

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You better win the league again this season then!!

Yeah but does he mean cos it will be one league and NL?  

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Roynon was past Wood, Wood then caught his tyre on Roynon dirt deflector and launched his bike at Roynon, causing a possible shoulder injury to Roynon. And the ref excludes Roynon!

Well, I came on here for one reason only and that was to see if there was good news about the cameraman.  Seems to be no news which hopefully is a case of "no news is good news".

Anyways on the Roynon/Wood incident, I thought exactly as yourself Steve and it seems a few others, definitely...  until I saw the replay and Jacob Hook pointed out that in fact that as Roynon completed (or not quite completed) his pass of Wood his deflector caught Wood's front wheel and which caused Wood's bike to behave differently and pick up drive and then catch Roynon's bike.  I didn't believe Hook was right until I saw the replay.  But yeah without the replay it looked a million percent Wood's fault.  Seems it was just a racing accident and can only hope Adam Roynon's injury is nothing serious and he will recover quickly.  He's had more than his fair share of injuries over his career so hope he's alright.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I think you'll find he just posted what the majority of us are thinking. Why don't you take a step back for a bit, and you might then see that you're not painting yourself in the best light?

I came on here to try and find out if the cameraman is okay, and instead am met with you posting constantly, taking offence at posts when they are trying to be helpful and arguing with people. You say you came on here to try and find out some information yourself, but as you now know, there is no update yet, so why are you still spamming the thread? Is it because it has 'Poole' in the title and you think it's your birthright? 

Right....now let's focus on the cameraman. Hopefully he's making a recovery. If anybody has any reliable news about him it would be much appreciated, as I think we're all (even Shovlar) concerned.

I see it from a couple of angles, Steve is just genuinely enthusiastic and supporting his team etc.  I guess none of us are perfect, I certainly aint, and our enthusiasm can take over sometimes.  His team are also doin alright so I guess he's entitled to be a bit enthusiastic.

Anyways, above all else, best wishes to the cameraman.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I think we are next season sadly 

Best news I’ve heard today. !!

This unfortunate freak accident could easily have repercussions for many stadium and club owners up and down the country that run any form of motorsport,

If the investigation includes H&S findings then the stadium lighting could come under further sanctions for positioning and the protection from any impact .

Stadiums that run Stock Car meetings i believe have to install higher grided impact fences to help eliminate any objects from ending up in the spectator areas ,now this has happened at a speedway meeting it's possible that this may become mandatory for any stadium that runs speedway meetings as well ,

But who foots the bill , the clubs or the stadium owners .

Heres hoping for positive news about the cameramans condition 

5 hours ago, jrs said:

Sadly all the old values in this country were virtually eradicated during the Thatcher years along with the current despicable cronies who have wrecked this country..

I was never a fan of Thatcher but i don't think she was responsible for the accident last night or the reaction of the BSN streamers. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, GS550 said:

I see it from a couple of angles, Steve is just genuinely enthusiastic and supporting his team etc.  I guess none of us are perfect, I certainly aint, and our enthusiasm can take over sometimes.  His team are also doin alright so I guess he's entitled to be a bit enthusiastic.

Anyways, above all else, best wishes to the cameraman.

Gracious!  Someone actually sticking up for old Shoveller! That’s a rarity.

Agreed, best wishes to the cameraman, same to Roynon, Cook too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

This unfortunate freak accident could easily have repercussions for many stadium and club owners up and down the country that run any form of motorsport,

If the investigation includes H&S findings then the stadium lighting could come under further sanctions for positioning and the protection from any impact .

Stadiums that run Stock Car meetings i believe have to install higher grided impact fences to help eliminate any objects from ending up in the spectator areas ,now this has happened at a speedway meeting it's possible that this may become mandatory for any stadium that runs speedway meetings as well ,

But who foots the bill , the clubs or the stadium owners .

Heres hoping for positive news about the cameramans condition 

From what I’ve read so far, the accident didn’t occur in the spectator area, but I’m not sure what exemptions apply to photographers and camera operators who are standing in what is usually a no go area

22 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

From what I’ve read so far, the accident didn’t occur in the spectator area, but I’m not sure what exemptions apply to photographers and camera operators who are standing in what is usually a no go area

I recall year ago when the dogs were still racing at Armadale there was various large pieces of equipment, possibly the starting traps, within the 'no-man's land' area at what is now the 4th bend. Everything within that area including lighting stantions ALWAYS had padding on them.

Just how much protection a few inches of foam would offer against a speedway bike I don't know but I think it wouldn't be much.

If H&S decrees all fitting around a track such as fence supports, lighting supports etc have to be dug  and concreted in deeper and reinforced then you have to ask if they would be come just as dangerous if there was no give to them?

But the important matter for now is the health thing is the health, both physically and mentally of all the parties involved.

And again may I express gratitude and appreciation to all the medical staff in attendance last night. 

i agree with the ones who are saying if its real bad it shouldnt be shown 

i also dont expect anything untill we know the guy is going to  be ok which is the main thing 

ive seen some footage from people i know thats never been released from accidents at road races and it changes your views  

but as allready said no one wants to see anyone hurt in the sports we follow  

46 minutes ago, midlandred said:

Gracious!  Someone actually sticking up for old Shoveller! That’s a rarity.

Agreed, best wishes to the cameraman, same to Roynon, Cook too.

Less of the old! 

• Haha 1