British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Oxford 9/8/23 Championship

Jason Doyle and the Swindon Select side didn't have any problem with the track when they won there this year. If you're good enough you can win on any track, as Swindon proved for a few years at Poole before they folded. Top riders like Doyle and Masters can master any track, mentally strong.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Jason Doyle and the Swindon Select side didn't have any problem with the track when they won there this year. If you're good enough you can win on any track, as Swindon proved for a few years at Poole before they folded. Top riders like Doyle and Masters can master any track, mentally strong.

Yeh I don’t remember darcy ward or Chris holder having any probs passing on that track

3 minutes ago, Toady said:

Yeh I don’t remember darcy ward or Chris holder having any probs passing on that track

10 years ago... nobody denies that it hasn't produced decent racing in the past 

39 minutes ago, iainb said:

10 years ago... nobody denies that it hasn't produced decent racing in the past 

People were always complaining about a blue groove and ruts even that far back however

20 minutes ago, Toady said:

People were always complaining about a blue groove and ruts even that far back however

They were, more passing though when someone hit one. Prob not so fun for the riders though. I think they would rather it was smooth. 

• Confused 1

Do we really want to see passes due to holes, ruts, bumps and berms though? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Do we really want to see passes due to holes, ruts, bumps and berms though? 

No, but when people remember there was more passing ten years ago. Important to remember track wasn't this smooth. 

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Anyone remember who is commentating? Don't recognise the voice. 

Jason Harrold

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 6:07 PM, Biffa said:

Better ask the Workington promoter then , FortyThirtyeight

I have, he is hugely out of pocket but, like most promoters , in it for the long haul. I wish him all the best as he has produced a wonderful facility and can now get some of his investment back.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 1