British Speedway Forum

Top prize goes to Redcar for getting this meeting on, ensuring it ran smoothly and that the track was raceable and not just rideable.

Ben Cook very impressive.

• Like 3

Well done Charles , also how about a round of applause for the Redcar track staff for providing a track as good in heat 22 as in heat 1 UTB 

• Like 2

Track was great. Riders gave us a good show. Ref was a crock!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just a Charles Wright fan ;)

I knew Ben Cook would do well, always been very good at Redcar but wasn't expecting top 3. Although if Ben did win there would be a fight for the number 12 race bib next year as that was the number Sam Masters had last season. 

Hope Richard is okay, see if he rides at BV tomorrow but prob a doubt for Weds. 

Well done Charles Wright, Great ride in the final. Why can't Poole fans just acknowledge another teams success  always sour grapes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Well done Charles Wright, Great ride in the final. Why can't Poole fans just acknowledge another teams success  always sour grapes.

I've not seen one comment from anyone saying that was the right decision in the final, do you think Charles Wright should have been excluded?

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Who was the ref?

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

Who was the ref?

Willie Dishington

Was at the track so haven’t seen any replays of the Wright incidents. Think the fact that both were on the first/second bend of the opening lap saved him. Ref made the calls, not Charles.

Decent meeting given the weather we have had and track rode pretty well. Credit to Ben Cook and Chris Harris who were great all night.

Well done Charles. 

• Like 1

Getting in before YearbyRed!

First and foremost, massive credit to the promotion and track staff for getting the track in a state that was not just rideable but raceabale. Super effort considering the amount of rain. 

Some great racing - heat 17 was an absolute classic. Lots of good performances - Most riders had at least one good ride. 

I think Charles was fortunate to still be in the final, but it was a superb ride on the rerun. Bomber got better as the night went on and I'm a big fan of Ben Cook - he rides Redcar superbly (as most riders do!) 

Slightly disappointed in Douglas and Lawson - they were my pre meeting favorites and whilst they were far from poor it just didn't seem to click for them. 

Great meeting though and I was thoroughly entertained (and thanks again to Rory Schlein for making a little lads night!) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DazS said:

did the police mange to convict anyone of a crime that night ?

Deary me you are something else. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

c000k has disappeared again

But the cretin is online. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Craig Cook withdrawn... can't wait for him to risk his life for my entertainment at Belle Vue tomorrow and then at Leicester in the evening, he's a waste of space

Cookie is really rattling around inside your empty skull. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheScotsman said:

Cookie is really rattling around inside your empty skull. 

As am I in yours by the looks of it... you nipple

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

But the cretin is online. 

Classy! To use such an insult while trying to defend somebody with mental health issues. 

Cretin: a person whose mental and physical development has been impaired by a deficiency of thyroid hormone in fetal or early life.