British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Plymouth Vs Berwick 8/8/23 live BSN

39 minutes ago, therefused said:

Promoters never understand the bigger picture, these people will never be back now 

Quite right why should they come back always the fans who get ripped off, there will soon be no fans in stadiums, just stay at home and stream it.

59 minutes ago, iainb said:

... and it's turned into a Poole thread

Always happens without fail.

• Like 2

Feel sorry for the Plymouth fans. They deserve much better than the constant sh*tshow Mr Phillips is serving up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiveBomb said:

They should have set fire to the track that would have solved everything 

They didn't have any straw.:rofl:

Imagine there’s a few Plymouth riders who’ll be wanting this season done so they can find a new base for 2024, shambolic to only prep 1hr before, if the promoter does the track and everything else then some delegation needed as a one man show will never work 

• Like 1

I know of several Bandits fans that made the trip, spare a thought for them, not a nice journey for a promotion to do that, and they were apparently refused a refund on the night.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I know of several Bandits fans that made the trip, spare a thought for them, not a nice journey for a promotion to do that, and they were apparently refused a refund on the night.

Travelling from north of the border I've already had 2 rainoffs at Plymouth (Glasgow & Edinburgh), just wondering if it will be 3rd time lucky on the 29th, when Edinburgh are due to visit, or if I should give it a miss.

I know a promoter that once told me in writing that you should expect it being a speedway supporter........hence I never went back to that track again while he remained there!

9 minutes ago, lbw said:

I know a promoter that once told me in writing that you should expect it being a speedway supporter........hence I never went back to that track again while he remained there!

At least you got a reply, that's a miracle in itself :D

13 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Greg Blair spot on about that lack of track prep and the Plymouth promotions half arsed effort! 

Refreshing to have someone tell it as it is. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, edmon said:

Travelling from north of the border I've already had 2 rainoffs at Plymouth (Glasgow & Edinburgh), just wondering if it will be 3rd time lucky on the 29th, when Edinburgh are due to visit, or if I should give it a miss.

I genuinely wouldn't bother traveling that far with the uncertainty.

Think the majority of the fans at the track and tuning in on BSN knew there was no chance of the meeting going ahead when saw the truck wasting fuel driving round.It should have been called off by the ref long before the meeting started.Will Plymouth complete their fixture before Christmas.Think they would close the doors tomorrow but they would lose their deposit.

• Like 1

If that’s the best effort they can make no wonder they haven’t raced for two months.

Once again they will be holding up the entire league because they have failed to get meetings on when maybe a little thought and effort could have saved them.

• Like 1