British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Kings Lynn August 10th

Is Laguta going to grace us with his presence,,, or will he be picking up an unfortunate injury in his workshop, or cancelled flight or something else 

52 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is Laguta going to grace us with his presence,,, or will he be picking up an unfortunate injury in his workshop, or cancelled flight or something else 

dodgy dinner night before!

Rew at R/R possibly makes the Witches stronger - whilst this should be a routine win for the Witches i plan to be there and you know my record at Foxhall this season!;)

Absolute joke on King's Lynn's behalf,a season to forget.Usually i would have taken in a few away meetings including Ipswich,Peterborough and Leicester as they are pretty local.But when you see your team getting bashed at home every week there is absolutely no enthusiasm to go away,especially when they put out sides like this.Seen one away at Peterborough this season where we got humped,that's enough when you see your team battered by the 2nd worse team in the league.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Before seeing the teams for this meeting, I had this down as a 54-36. After seeing the KL lineup, I've now got this as a 62-28 minimum

• Like 1

Imagine trying to sell this sport to a wider audience than the 20k or so who attend each week..? :rolleyes:

(The UK version of it obviously)....

Imagine it going out on TV on a main stream channel and someone explaining KL's team? :D

Best of luck to Chris Louis pushing this one..

Nice to see the promoters supporting each other so well....:unsure:

Cracking meeting at the NSS last night, with 14 riders all belonging to the two teams on show....

Looks like normal service seems to have been resumed quickly...:unsure:

Edited by mikebv

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Absolute joke on King's Lynn's behalf,a season to forget.Usually i would have taken in a few away meetings including Ipswich,Peterborough and Leicester as they are pretty local.But when you see your team getting bashed at home every week there is absolutely no enthusiasm to go away,especially when they put out sides like this.Seen one away at Peterborough this season where we got humped,that's enough when you see your team battered by the 2nd worse team in the league.

100% agree

Why on earth do premiership teams use Sam Hagon - does he pay them to ride? :D Seriously, they can't think he'll beat anyone at this level so seems such a strange choice. What have I missed? 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Why on earth do premiership teams use Sam Hagon - does he pay them to ride? :D Seriously, they can't think he'll beat anyone at this level so seems such a strange choice. What have I missed? 

Perhaps it is that he is willing to ride + possibly looking at the future. Perhaps it is a contra deal paid in shocks plus if he scores 0,0,0 outlay for Buster will be minimal. :D:D

• Like 1

It's an extremely sad situation, for both sets of fans to be fair. These were the meetings we looked forward to when the fixtures came out. Buzzing for it. 

Roll on 20yrs it doesn't even feel like a derby.

I know I've been moaning like a little b!+ch about King's Lynn for around 5yrs now but it's because I bloody care. Now many many more fans are finally seeing it. Our crowd levels have been evident of that. 

The situation at Peterborough my have opened the eyes of King's Lynn fans too with regards to our owner, could you imagine had he got Ipswich too :o

The troubles at King's Lynn & fraudulent treatment of fans & other clubs this season in terms of dodgy call-offs & missing rider's make these fixtures meaningless. 

These threads should be banter central, forum fisty cuffs. 

It's just dead, great shame :(

• Like 3

The classic Buster Chapman guest bookings of Mountain & Hagon around Foxhall............I wonder where I've seen that before hmmmm.

I wonder if Artem Laguta will make it to the Airport check in desk on time?

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Has to get through tonight at Wroclaw 1st.