British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ippo 17/08/23

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

100% agree..

So...

Stop the race to the bottom..

Have some kind of salary cap control..

"Saving the promoters from themselves" should be a role profile for someone...

Riders may demand "Elton John Money", but when you only get a " Chesney Hawkes" following you need to be realistic...

..and that is why I believe there is currently far more realism at Championship level. Even one league at Championship level with team formats/structure to suit

• Like 1

I believe the new date of September 4th also sees 6 of the 7 teams in action so what’s going to change ? 
klint and Jorgensen obviously won’t be back 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

There have been precedents for fielding teams when suitable guests not available.

On one occasion in 2017, Sheffield had four unavailable riders, and the only guest, of any reasonable standard available was Lewis Kerr. Blair Smith and Kev Whelan, made up the team, but failed to score.

And what an amazing outcome. Despite the weakened team, Sheffield came back from 12 down to win by 5.

Maybe Kings Lynn gave up too easily.

Hasn't someone got fined for fielding a "weakened team" who actually won?  :D

5 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I believe the new date of September 4th also sees 6 of the 7 teams in action so what’s going to change ? 
klint and Jorgensen obviously won’t be back 

It does Jason. Peterborough & King's Lynn, 45-minutes apart, are both racing at home on the same night. Poor crowds at both venues that night. 

• Thanks 1

I can’t believe this meeting was postponed because of two missing riders.  If laguta was going to be missing I could understand missing your top two would be very difficult to cover. But kings lynn haven’t actually said who apart from the obvious absentees would be missing. 
a little transparency would stop a lot of bad feeling. 
Many Ipswich fans attended two weeks ago. I wonder how many will not attend the restaging in protest. 

• Like 4

Ipswich had a weakened team last week with Rew on international duty and Dan Thompson injured in heat 2 meaning they had a number of races with only one rider.

Had that been KL tomorrow would they have tried to abandon the meeting or can you only play the injured rider(s) card a day or two beforehand?

14 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Ipswich had a weakened team last week with Rew on international duty and Dan Thompson injured in heat 2 meaning they had a number of races with only one rider.

Had that been KL tomorrow would they have tried to abandon the meeting or can you only play the injured rider(s) card a day or two beforehand?

But Thompson started the meeting, that is the difference. 

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

It does Jason. Peterborough & King's Lynn, 45-minutes apart, are both racing at home on the same night. Poor crowds at both venues that night. 

Peterborough have 3 home meetings in the space of 7 days from 31st August to September 7th so there crowds most likely will take a hit during all that period , now add in a Lynn home meeting on the 4th Sept its going to be an expensive 7 days for Buster 

44 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Peterborough have 3 home meetings in the space of 7 days from 31st August to September 7th so there crowds most likely will take a hit during all that period , now add in a Lynn home meeting on the 4th Sept its going to be an expensive 7 days for Buster 

Does make me wonder if the plug will be pulled on either Stars or Panthers to cut costs 

Oh well...on  positive note hopefully Dan will be fit for restaging 

Some big news due out of KL in next 24 hours. Will clear up reason for postponement of tonight's meeting. 

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

..and that is why I believe there is currently far more realism at Championship level. Even one league at Championship level with team formats/structure to suit

As has been proven on a number of times, there is not enough riders for that to happen.

2 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Some big news due out of KL in next 24 hours. Will clear up reason for postponement of tonight's meeting. 

But that’s a joke in itself - they only made a half arsed announcement yesterday. Just get it right the first time!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

But that’s a joke in itself - they only made a half arsed announcement yesterday. Just get it right the first time!

They were struggling to translate the russian message!!

Laguta gone would be my guess.

• Like 1