British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Oxford have got to win at Glasgow 

So it’s not in Poole’s hands but Oxford’s

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s in Pirates hands. Win our home and win at Edinburgh and we are top. 

Wrong as that would rely on Oxford dropping points. You have to hope (and it is quite likely) that Oxford lose at Glasgow. But one thing is definite - IT ISN'T IN YOUR HANDS

• Like 1

By my probably dodgy maths Glasgow can (however unlikely) finish in 36 points too. So of the 3 Poole are the one team whose hands it is not in

But I guess some might think Poole have the easier run in? But interesting end to the league fixtures anyway! 

10 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

It’s nothing to do with geography. Whoever ends up top will pick the 6th team whether that’s Edinburgh or Birmingham as they look equally vulnerable home and away

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Why would they, if they pick what they think is the weak team, it leaves the others to knock out one of the better teams on paper, which it turn helps them.

But if the other team in the group is also expected to win home & away to Edinburgh/Birmingham then Poole / Oxford's away win over 6th is cancelled out! So it's then important to pick a second opponent you are confident of beating on aggregate.

Edited by szkocjasid

I stand corrected on the points we can all get. But for Oxford to finish top they need to win all their remaining meetings and win at Glasgow. Not likely. For Glasgow to finish top they need to win all their meetings and win at Poole next Wednesday. For Poole to finish top they need to win their home meetings, which could alone be enough. But if they win next Friday at Edinburgh that will clinch it, unless Oxford win at Glagow.

I think we will win at Edinburgh so the big one is next Wednesday at Poole v Glasgow. Should be a humdinger. Big crowd expected.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I stand corrected on the points we can all get. But for Oxford to finish top they need to win all their remaining meetings and win at Glasgow. Not likely. For Glasgow to finish top they need to win all their meetings and win at Poole next Wednesday. For Poole to finish top they need to win their home meetings, which could alone be enough. But if they win next Friday at Edinburgh that will clinch it, unless Oxford win at Glagow.

I think we will win at Edinburgh so the big one is next Wednesday at Poole v Glasgow. Should be a humdinger. Big crowd expected.

But will Glasgow have a full team? Sure it was said that  Basso and Vissing's Danish clubs are riding ..

Glasgow can lose at Poole and still finish top. If they won all the rest they would both be on 35 so I guess it would go down to points difference. Glasgow 33 points ahead at the moment.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

By my probably dodgy maths Glasgow can (however unlikely) finish in 36 points too. So of the 3 Poole are the one team whose hands it is not in

Glasgow can get 38 if won all their matches. Can still get 35 same as Poole maximum available even if they lose to Poole.  Most likely Poole will finish top, but after they didn’t get the bonus point vs Oxford,  having looked certain to after 8 heats, they lost control of being top and need other results to go their way.

Edited by Anzum

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I said all this after the Poole vs Oxford match. I should sue for plagiarism! Big crowd expected if it goes to court. 

Edited by Bojangles

25 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

But unlikely.

Are Poole fans unable to understand what “in their own hands” means? It doesn’t matter how unlikely it is.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Are Poole fans unable to understand what “in their own hands” means? It doesn’t matter how unlikely it is.

They don’t seem too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They don’t seem too.

Seriously who cares.

• Like 1