British Speedway Forum

57 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

You really don’t know what you’re talking about. 
he has not got new equipment they are Jordan Jenkins old engines. I guess you are one of the people spreading rumours that he was on GP tuned engines, the boy can ride any bike he was just as good at motorcross. Hence the reason he was racing at world youth level. He is the most laid back kid I know yes his dad has spent money on him but then so has a lot of parents over the years. If your son is talented like Ashton is I’m sure most parents would do the same. Maybe people should get behind him as this boy is certainly special. 

My point is more he’s had a bit easier starting out than most riders do. Of course no matter how good his equipment is still needs the talent to ride it which he obviously has. Hopefully can be the next generation of Brits who kick on to the world stage in future.

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You really have a self entitled attitude as have a few off your self entitled fellow fans.

Oxford do what is best for Oxford it’s as simple as that , not what can we do to get one over Poole.

The arrogance really is why other fans can’t stand Poole or some of there fans.

Plus SS hasn't been on to post yet.

On 8/20/2023 at 5:15 PM, alang said:

They'll just loan Killeen to Berwick to replace Coles.Just re.ember which club gets priority

????

I think everyone needs to give the kid a break. 

Especially comparisons with Bewley. 

Kemp and Brennan were averaging over 9 points in a far better NDL than now in 2018 aged 16

Kemp has plateaued, Brennan is a CL heat leader and PL second string occasional reserve. 

If Boughan is where Brennan is now when he's 20 he'll have done exceptionally well. 

I've seen him a few times, he reminds me of Gilkes in his early NDL career. 

Lots can go right, lots can go wrong and both Bewley and Brennan had the fortitude to recover from very serious injury. 

Good luck to the lad. 

Edited by HGould
Spell
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HGould said:

I think everyone needs to give the kid a break. 

Especially comparisons with Bewley. 

Kemp and Brennan were averaging over 9 points in a far better NDL than now in 2018.

Kemp has plateaued, Brennan is a CL heat leader and PL second string occasional reserve. 

If Boughan is where Brennan is now when he's 20 he'll have done exceptionally well. 

I've seen him a few times, he reminds me of Gilkes in his early NDL career. 

Lots can go right, lots can go wrong and both Bewley and Brennan had the fortitude to recover from very serious injury. 

Good luck to the lad. 

I think there is some truth in what you are saying, but the big difference between Boughen and Kemp/Brennan is that like Bewley he has come from outside the sport without working his way through the youth system.

PS Brennan averaged 7.21 in 2017 NDL if you are going to compare like with like.

I think it’s obvious why Oxford have signed Boughen isn’t it? Because they want the best possible team they can get. I’m sure any team with a 2pt rider in their line-up was desperate to sign him. Are Oxford supposed to let the opportunity of him riding for them pass by simply because they are already doing well? This is not a case of a rider underperforming being replaced, it’s a case of an exceptional talent becoming available.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I think it’s obvious why Oxford have signed Boughen isn’t it? Because they want the best possible team they can get. I’m sure any team with a 2pt rider in their line-up was desperate to sign him. Are Oxford supposed to let the opportunity of him riding for them pass by simply because they are already doing well? This is not a case of a rider underperforming being replaced, it’s a case of an exceptional talent becoming available.

Are you surprised about Killeen though you seemed to think it wouldn’t happen to him

43 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Are you surprised about Killeen though you seemed to think it wouldn’t happen to him

Yeah I m surprised. Mainly because of the way Peter Schroeck had talked about Killeen in the past. Guess to be successful you’ve got to be ruthless in this business at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Yeah I m surprised. Mainly because of the way Peter Schroeck had talked about Killeen in the past. Guess to be successful you’ve got to be ruthless in this business at the end of the day. 

They might rethink the switch with Jenkins having withdrawn at Peterboro this evening. (In the best interest of speedway of course).:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They might rethink the switch with Jenkins having withdrawn at Peterboro this evening. (In the best interest of speedway of course).:rolleyes:

Why? I don’t get how Jenkins being withdrawn tonight makes any difference to Boughen/Killeen. Can you explain? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Why? I don’t get how Jenkins being withdrawn tonight makes any difference to Boughen/Killeen. Can you explain? 

You'll have to excuse skidder, he is frequently prone to gobbledegook. He also seems to be suggesting that Jenkins withdrawal tonight was a fast one so that Wojdylo could have seven rides.

As for Boughen, he's a great signing although it's rather harsh on Killeen. If it prevents Poole winning the league though I'm all for it :D

Certainly seems to have put the wind up some of their supporters. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Bojangles said:

I just thought that if Jenkins had injured himself badly enough to miss the rest of the season then Boughen could replace him instead of Killeen?! But I see the redeclaration has gone through now so it wouldn't be possible. 

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I just thought that if Jenkins had injured himself badly enough to miss the rest of the season then Boughen could replace him instead of Killeen?! But I see the redeclaration has gone through now so it wouldn't be possible. 

Plus that's not really like for like. 

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Plus that's not really like for like. 

Quite! Just a passing thought......:D

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

There would be no point in doing that. Just use r/r for Jenkins with Killeen used as number 8 (Lewis Kerr gets an extra ride).

• Like 3