British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I comment as it’s a thread where people comment! Green eyed monster? For what reason would that be? Answer me that. Seriously let the lad develop and if he turns out to be good like Bewley and Lambert, then fantastic. But he could turn out like Justin Elkins. Fast and impressive as a youngster, then nothing. Elkins beat Crump in match races. Look how that eventually turned out. 

All the people who have commented have seen him race in one form or another before passing judgement (positive or negative). You’ve just been negative without even seeing him ride for some reason.

And let the lad develop? How is people commenting on a forum going to impact his career development exactly? Tell you what, let’s all shut up until he’s 35 and then we can talk about great or awful he was.

Edited by Bojangles

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yet to see this young lad ride but there’s been lots of trumpeting of his name. So I looked up his scoring and there’s nothing there to see. Seems many are getting carried away and for a young lad to have his own thread for scoring zero is ridiculous. Let him learn at his own pace and if he’s any good in a few seasons then that’s great. But at the moment he seems out of his depth in the Championship, never mind the PL.

He's had one meeting in the Championship and scored paid nine  :blink:

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He actually said he'd never ridden a track so deep  and with so much grip last night!

Having been at Peterborough last monday this was mentioned then, probably the grippiest track he has ridden. Move forward to last night and same was said, even more so reagards to the track. What "training" tracks would be prepared like last night, Even a NA one would be slick. 

Not aimed at you Skidder1 but to anyone ..... Give the lad time... hes only been riding in league speedway for a month..... 

The lad only turned 16 2 weeks ago, imo got lots of potential,  but I think guesting for premiership sides a bit too early in his speedway career 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Neila said:

The lad only turned 16 2 weeks ago, imo got lots of potential,  but I think guesting for premiership sides a bit too early in his speedway career 

Agree with that, I get you want to get as many rides under your belt as possible especially at this stage of the season but pick your meetings well at this point, plenty of time..

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

He's had one meeting in the Championship and scored paid nine  :blink:

Another 5+2 tonight as well. Massively out of his depth! :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Having been at Peterborough last monday this was mentioned then, probably the grippiest track he has ridden. Move forward to last night and same was said, even more so reagards to the track. What "training" tracks would be prepared like last night, Even a NA one would be slick. 

Not aimed at you Skidder1 but to anyone ..... Give the lad time... hes only been riding in league speedway for a month..... 

Not having a pop at him at all,but I have said previously on here that I think he should just have stuck to Championship stuff this year. Just my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not having a pop at him at all,but I have said previously on here that I think he should just have stuck to Championship stuff this year. Just my opinion. 

Nobody has had a pop at him. 

Looked very good tonight at Oxford for paid 7 from 4 rides.

Maybe needs to work on the post race wheelies though! :)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yet to see this young lad ride but there’s been lots of trumpeting of his name. So I looked up his scoring and there’s nothing there to see. Seems many are getting carried away and for a young lad to have his own thread for scoring zero is ridiculous. Let him learn at his own pace and if he’s any good in a few seasons then that’s great. But at the moment he seems out of his depth in the Championship, never mind the PL.

It’s very obvious that you haven’t seen Ashton race yet. Scores aren’t everything (not sure what score you have looked at) as you say he is a young lad but boy can he race, and that is good to see he gives 100% (as did Luke) he outscored our number 2 tonight and scored exactly the same as Henry at reserve. I thought he might struggle and am happy I have been proven wrong.

I would also like to say what an amazing job he did in heat 2. A very nasty fall directly in front of him and I still don’t know how he didn’t hit either Nathan Ablitt or his bike, considering the things being said about Polish youngsters not knowing how to avoid crashes and with Ashton only having one years experience of riding he did a bloody good job.

2 hours ago, M.D said:

Agree with that, I get you want to get as many rides under your belt as possible especially at this stage of the season but pick your meetings well at this point, plenty of time..

I know what you mean but at the same time he has been in the pits with Tai, Artem, Emil & Doyle you show me a young lad (16) who would turn down the opportunity to see, ride and learn with some of the top riders.

• Like 2

I saw Dan Bewley at 16 years-old, riding for Edinburgh at Ashfield and if you told me he’d win the British GP six years later, I’d have spat my bovril all over my Rusty Harrison programme board.

I’m not an expert, but this young man - Boughen - enters corners with pace, technique and confidence very rarely seen in a teenager, so that’s worth talking about alone.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

As I was quoting your post I didn't want to sound I was having a "pop" at you... 

It was anyone ... leave the lad the do his thing and give him time.

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

As I was quoting your post I didn't want to sound I was having a "pop" at you... 

It was anyone ... leave the lad the do his thing and give him time.

no probs