British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Championship Pairs - Sep 1st

20 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Hard to pick a winner there Oxford has the advantage but poole, redcar and scunthorpe will be amongst it, shame it’s not on a non championship track to even the advantages out

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Would have to be Workington then as most of the top riders would ride regularly on Prem tracks 

Being the day before Cardiff, it has to be somewhere nearby(ish) but if it was elsewhere at another time, I'd totally agree with the Workington suggestion.

What time will the track open on Friday ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

4.30pm

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

4.30pm

Thank you 

Anyone know what the format is for this? A group of 5 and a group of 4 with winners racing against second in the semis? If so has it been decided who is in which group?

38 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Anyone know what the format is for this? A group of 5 and a group of 4 with winners racing against second in the semis? If so has it been decided who is in which group?

Probably no groups. Just 18 qual heats with each pair having 4 rides. Then top 4 to semis.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Probably no groups. Just 18 qual heats with each pair having 4 rides. Then top 4 to semis.

This is exactly how it is

• Like 1

Should be between Poole, Redcar and Oxford. For all those attending hope the meeting is a good one. 

1 minute ago, Hackett said:

Should be between Poole, Redcar and Oxford. For all those attending hope the meeting is a good one. 

Glasgow will give these 3 a run for their money. IMO 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2023 at 10:12 AM, Paulco said:

You mean the bar.

• Haha 4

So it’s pairs night tomorrow night & as far as I know, no one has pulled out “yet”. What does anyone think the reason for this is, against all the pull out in the CLRC at Redcar. I don’t believe for 1 minute it was the venue, I presume the pay/travel rates will be the same. I know Poland accounted for a few but could it be that it was a Bank Holiday Sunday and riders had league meetings on the Monday, didn’t fancy the travel North or what does anyone think? 

51 minutes ago, Biffa said:

So it’s pairs night tomorrow night & as far as I know, no one has pulled out “yet”. What does anyone think the reason for this is, against all the pull out in the CLRC at Redcar. I don’t believe for 1 minute it was the venue, I presume the pay/travel rates will be the same. I know Poland accounted for a few but could it be that it was a Bank Holiday Sunday and riders had league meetings on the Monday, didn’t fancy the travel North or what does anyone think? 

if they don't like travel they're in the wrong game

1 hour ago, Biffa said:

I'd suggest most are probably going to Cardiff anyway, coupled with no other meetings this weekend

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Biffa said:

Heard cook isn’t riding now not sure who is replacing him.